Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kthomas
France - From June 9th, Green, Orange, Red system. Travelers arriving from green countries must be vaccinated, orange must be vaccinated and tested, red may enter only for compelling reasons.

Georgia - Citizens of all countries, traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia. more info

Greece - Fully vaccinated individuals who are residents of the U.S., EU, and certain other countries may enter Greece without a PCR test if they present a vaccination certificate. The vaccination certificate must be in English, issued by a public authority, and demonstrate that vaccination was completed at least 14 days before arrival to Greece. However, PCR tests may still be required for transit points. more info

Iceland - The Minister of Justice of Iceland has decided that the previously announced decision to exempt from travel restrictions those who can provide proof of vaccination or prior infection will take effect on 6 April. The change in regulation will allow travellers from non-Schengen countries, who meet the criteria, to travel to Iceland for non-essential reasons. more info

TPG-maintained list of countries accepting vaccination certificate

Print Wikipost

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by exp
Well the president of the European Commission said they will accept vaccinated Americans. Maybe they will require a test too but not likely.

IF the EU will take vaccination documentation without requiring any other kinds of test, then good luck to Israel wanting Americans to visit and subjecting themselves to tests.
More to the point, at this time you need a local "vaccine passport" to enter pretty much any establishment. So, even if tourists are to be let into the country, unless Israel plans to supply them with locally issued vaccine passports, the only thing they could do is stay outside and look through the window of wherever they plan to patronize.

That said, Israel has bigger issues r/n to deal with, so I don't expect them to come out with a sensible COVID travel policy in the short term.
kthomas, LETTERBOY and YYZ1313 like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Can someone that's been to Iceland as a vaccinated American since April 6 briefly describe the entry procedures now? I see conflicting reports of whether a test (and pseudo-quarantine until negative result) is required for those with proof of vaccination. Is it, or isn't it?
Old May 20, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by angra
Can someone that's been to Iceland as a vaccinated American since April 6 briefly describe the entry procedures now? I see conflicting reports of whether a test (and pseudo-quarantine until negative result) is required for those with proof of vaccination. Is it, or isn't it?
From https://visit.covid.is/...
"Individuals who present a confirmation of a full vaccination against COVID-19 that fulfills the Chief Epidemiologist's instructions or who present the International Certificate of Vaccination for COVID-19 according to the International Health Regulation
- Are exempt from presenting a negative PCR-test upon arrival.
- Need to undergo one screening test for COVID-19 at the border but are exempt from quarantine if the test is negative."
So, looks like the short answer to your question is "it is." We're going next week. If you go after Jun 8, we'll be back and I will give full details.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
From https://visit.covid.is/...
"Individuals who present a confirmation of a full vaccination against COVID-19 that fulfills the Chief Epidemiologist's instructions or who present the International Certificate of Vaccination for COVID-19 according to the International Health Regulation
- Are exempt from presenting a negative PCR-test upon arrival.
- Need to undergo one screening test for COVID-19 at the border but are exempt from quarantine if the test is negative."
So, looks like the short answer to your question is "it is." We're going next week. If you go after Jun 8, we'll be back and I will give full details.
Thank you! I mean this all can change and I'll need to be flexible enough to roll with whatever changes come up but just trying to make my initial/rough plans. It seems as though I should plan to stay put somewhere for a day or two at the beginning of the trip in case the test takes a while to come back. I'm leaving for KEF on June 2, so I won't have the benefit of your first hand report, but I am sure others will find it helpful!
Old May 20, 2021, 6:54 am

Thank you! I mean this all can change and I'll need to be flexible enough to roll with whatever changes come up but just trying to make my initial/rough plans. It seems as though I should plan to stay put somewhere for a day or two at the beginning of the trip in case the test takes a while to come back. I'm leaving for KEF on June 2, so I won't have the benefit of your first hand report, but I am sure others will find it helpful!
Oh, your trip is soon as well. We are just planning on hitting an airport hotel when we arrive to wait for our test results and are picking up a camper van at the airport the next morning, so going into city didn't matter too much to us anyway...I usually sleep a lot the first day I arrive, lol.
angra likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:02 am

have you worked out your plan for getting a US-suitable test for the return? There is an Rekjavik area clinic that's often mentioned on FT and elsewhere, but I haven't yet figured out the best timing for taking the test (and thus needing to be back in Rekjavik), and how difficult it is to schedule an appointment for an exit (rather than entry) test.

I would take this to PMs but I feel like this may come up for others as well.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:14 am

have you worked out your plan for getting a US-suitable test for the return? There is an Rekjavik area clinic that's often mentioned on FT and elsewhere, but I haven't yet figured out the best timing for taking the test (and thus needing to be back in Rekjavik), and how difficult it is to schedule an appointment for an exit (rather than entry) test.

I would take this to PMs but I feel like this may come up for others as well.
Yea, no need for PM's and we have scheduled our test. Unfortunately, it is forcing us to return to Reyk a day early just to get it done.

If the one you are talking about is at Sudurlandsbraut 34, then that is the one that we scheduled. I 'think' I booked it through travel.covid.is since the confirmation email for the appointment is from them. When I went to schedule, I only had two options, a morning time and an afternoon time...I picked the afternoon one (at 2pm). It says to allow 12 hours for the results, so that's plenty of time before our flight home the next evening. Also, the Hilton is within walking distance.

Oh, the confirmation email had an attachment with a barcode. I downloaded that to my phone, but I'm also keeping the email until after the trip.
angra likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:11 am

Am I correct in understanding the Greece is open to American tourists with CDC card as proof of vaccination? If so, has anybody here done this and has any reports?
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Barciur
Am I correct in understanding the Greece is open to American tourists with CDC card as proof of vaccination? If so, has anybody here done this and has any reports?
I hope so.. I'm about to board my flight there in 30 minutes (well the first leg anyway) I'll update in 19 hours to let you know how it goes.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:10 am

Enjoy your flight and looking forward to hearing about the end result!
seigex likes this.
Old May 20, 2021, 9:11 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Barciur
It is, yes.
Old May 20, 2021, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
Oh, your trip is soon as well. We are just planning on hitting an airport hotel when we arrive to wait for our test results and are picking up a camper van at the airport the next morning, so going into city didn't matter too much to us anyway...I usually sleep a lot the first day I arrive, lol.
Have you found a hotel that will facilitate the need to check in early in the morning? Or are you just planning to book the previous night? I'm struggling with this question as the entry requirements appear to indicate we must go directly to accommodations and isolate....well before most hotel checkins.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:16 pm

Have you found a hotel that will facilitate the need to check in early in the morning? Or are you just planning to book the previous night? I'm struggling with this question as the entry requirements appear to indicate we must go directly to accommodations and isolate....well before most hotel checkins.
I don't know of any hotels that will let you have a guaranteed room that early...but that's always an issue with flying over-night to Europe and arriving early. We booked the Park Inn with Radisson points and will just see how it goes. Sorry I can't advise much for that. I figure we're vaccinated so it's not like we're much danger to the locals and we'll just go to the hotel and hang out til our room is ready.
Old May 21, 2021, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Update of my travels so far:

Arrived at ONT to start my trip. Provided my free CVS covid test (LumiraDX rapid antigen, took 15 minutes to get) and personal locator form for the UK to the AAngel ticket agents. They checked me in with no problem.. at this point the Verifly app still had not processed my test (T-5 from departure on the DFW-LHR leg at this point, even though they told me T-6)..

At the ONT lounge I called Verifly to get the test pushed through since they missed their time and they approved it. I thought I would need it at DFW.

Boarded at DFW using face rec, didn't need to show a boarding pass, the verifly app or my passport. Was kinda scary but also pretty cool. Made boarding easy.

Landed at LHR, had to talk to the BA agents before entering security for T5 (the place that you pass on the right with the long slow line before the automated gates).

Took my UK form, checked my Greece QR code (Greece PLF), took my UK PLF, and provided him my CDC vaccination card. He initially told me I needed a PCR for Greece. I told him to check again, that Greece only requires vaccination. He went in the back, came out and said yeah I was right. Checked my FREE CVS rapid antigen test to verify it showed negative, then gave me a BA-issued boarding pass.

I went through security which is just the usual bag check, and I'm now sitting in the lounge waiting for my flight to Greece. I'll update on entry to Greece once I get there.

Just to note, I purchased a $200 NAAT test as a backup just in case as another person here told me the CVS one wouldn't be accepted (96.6% sensetivity where >=97% is required) .. but the CVS one didn't cause me any issues and I never had to pull out the NAAT test. I'm still glad I purchased the backup $200 one as I wasn't sure and didn't want my trip to be derailed, and as always YMMV, but my CVS test was accepted without issue.
ExpatExp, Geordie405 and Barciur like this.

Last edited by seigex; May 21, 2021 at 12:57 am
Old May 21, 2021, 4:52 am

If you just had been flying a direct flight from US to Greece, you wouldn't need all the tests, right? Just the CDC card at that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.