Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kthomas
France - From June 9th, Green, Orange, Red system. Travelers arriving from green countries must be vaccinated, orange must be vaccinated and tested, red may enter only for compelling reasons.

Georgia - Citizens of all countries, traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia. more info

Greece - Fully vaccinated individuals who are residents of the U.S., EU, and certain other countries may enter Greece without a PCR test if they present a vaccination certificate. The vaccination certificate must be in English, issued by a public authority, and demonstrate that vaccination was completed at least 14 days before arrival to Greece. However, PCR tests may still be required for transit points. more info

Iceland - The Minister of Justice of Iceland has decided that the previously announced decision to exempt from travel restrictions those who can provide proof of vaccination or prior infection will take effect on 6 April. The change in regulation will allow travellers from non-Schengen countries, who meet the criteria, to travel to Iceland for non-essential reasons. more info

TPG-maintained list of countries accepting vaccination certificate

Print Wikipost

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exp
It came with that info. or they gave you a blank form and you filled it in?
It came with this info. Its a proper certificate from the State Health Department.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:08 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Oh I misread your earlier post.

I thought you wrote State Dept. Didn't see that it was the state health dept.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exp
Oh I misread your earlier post.

I thought you wrote State Dept. Didn't see that it was the state health dept.
I got vaccinated at a pop up walk in site in a park arranged by my local county. I then saw on CDC website your state health department should have a record of all vaccines done in the state so I contacted their data rights email address, and 7 days after I contacted them they have sent me a proper certificate with all the information on, signature of state health director and also state logo on it. Looks very good. I hope this will be enough now if the CDC card is not good enough for some countries.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by downinit
Umm, there is already one at the top of the thread??? BTW, just about any established member is free to update the WIKI at any time. I would just strongly suggest trying to keep the format somewhat consistent, and be sure to include a link to validate the information posted.
For whatever reason, I couldn't see it. Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've suggested sticking to the CDC card as much as possible. At this point, it's already become the most used proof of vaccination in the US seen in Europe; and the CDC cards will likely remain that way for months to come.

Schengen countries' passport control are more likely to be or become more familiar with CDC cards than with health certificates issued by state/local government authorities within the US.
mcgahat, kthomas, DL77 and 1 others like this.
Old May 2, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by LOI
Is there anyone who experienced the procedure at TLV for vaccinated foreigners arriving into the country? I am going in a week and am slightly worried what might happen if my serological test does not turn up any antibodies. Also, how long do you think the test will take to process? Is everyone just waiting in an airport facility for the results? Any information would be greatly appreciated....
Will you be on the AA flight there? We are traveling to TLV in 4 weeks and would very much appreciate it if you would share your experiences upon arrival in TLV. Have a safe trip and Thanks.... Jon
Old May 3, 2021, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Iceland - The Minister of Justice of Iceland has decided that the previously announced decision to exempt from travel restrictions those who can provide proof of vaccination or prior infection will take effect on 6 April. The change in regulation will allow travellers from non-Schengen countries, who meet the criteria, to travel to Iceland for non-essential reasons. more info

I am questioning the accuracy of this info in the wiki.
When looking at Timatic, third country citizens, who previously were allowed to travel to Iceland as tourists, are still banned from entering Iceland.
Well, I was checking it for Ukrainian citizens. Vaccination waives the testing requirement, but it does not override the travel ban.

As airlines generally follow what Timatic says and not some government website, I would caution to leave this info as it is in the wiki.
Old May 3, 2021, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by warakorn
[/list]
I am questioning the accuracy of this info in the wiki.
When looking at Timatic, third country citizens, who previously were allowed to travel to Iceland as tourists, are still banned from entering Iceland.
Well, I was checking it for Ukrainian citizens. Vaccination waives the testing requirement, but it does not override the travel ban.

As airlines generally follow what Timatic says and not some government website, I would caution to leave this info as it is in the wiki.
At least last month, Iceland has been allowing in US citizens with a CDC card to be tourists and come in with a US passport and CDC card that meets the Iceland vaccination standard for acceptance. As long as the vaccinated US passport user was admissible to Iceland, there was no condition that the traveler be admissible into EU Schengen countries as a whole.

Iceland has direct flights from the US on Icelandair. Iceland has no such flights from Kiev.
Old May 3, 2021, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Well, I believe you.
It's just strange that the new entry policy by Iceland is not reflected in Timatic.
Maybe someone who is more experienced with Timatic can help us to resolve this question.
Old May 3, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Well, I believe you.
It's just strange that the new entry policy by Iceland is not reflected in Timatic.
Maybe someone who is more experienced with Timatic can help us to resolve this question.
It's more a question of whether the given country has provided a translation into English for a given policy.

Last edited by vanillabean; May 3, 2021 at 3:21 pm
Old May 3, 2021, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Well, the practical problem is that an airline will deny boarding. So even, if Iceland is open (by law) it cannot be accessed.
Old May 3, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Well, the practical problem is that an airline will deny boarding. So even, if Iceland is open (by law) it cannot be accessed.
Yes, it can. Delta landed a plane full of vaccinated American passengers just this morning. They will have daily flights to Iceland. Let's end the discussion now.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/n...s_in_keflavik/
LETTERBOY and downinit like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Well, I believe you.
It is reflected in Timatic. You just have to read the whole thing and not stop at "Passengers from ________ are not allowed to enter". There is a list of those to whom the statement does not apply...

Admission and Transit Restrictions:
Passengers arriving from Ukraine are not allowed to enter.

- This does not apply to family members of nationals of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City (Holy See) and EEA Member States.

- This does not apply to passengers in a long-term intimate relationship with a national or resident of Iceland.
Passengers listed in above exemptions who intent to travel through Iceland on their way to another Schengen Member State must have a written confirmation of their permission to enter the other Schengen Member State.

- This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate. Details can be found at https://tinyurl.com/y4el6uru.

- This does not apply to passengers with a certificate of previous COVID-19 infection.
The certificate must be in Danish, English, Icelandic, Norwegian or Swedish. Tests accepted are:
- positive COVID-19 PCR test result issued at least 14 days before arrival; or
- presence of antibodies against COVID-19 measured by ELISA serologic assay.

- This does not apply to students.

More details can be found at: https://www.logreglan.is/english/reg...t-of-covid-19/
bobbytables likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
For those wishing to travel to Bahrain, it seems like those vaccinated in the US, Canada, UK and EU will still need to do PCR tests and self-isolation:

seigex likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Update from Georgia (country) - couple of friends there who are tour guides mentioned that tourism is slowly coming back. There were busloads of tourists from Israel, Gulf countries and Ukraine.

Anyone with any Covid vaccination can enter without quarantine. Alternatively, test on arrival and on third day staying in a hotel, if both negative - you are free.
JNelson113 and LETTERBOY like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.