Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kthomas
France - From June 9th, Green, Orange, Red system. Travelers arriving from green countries must be vaccinated, orange must be vaccinated and tested, red may enter only for compelling reasons.

Georgia - Citizens of all countries, traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia. more info

Greece - Fully vaccinated individuals who are residents of the U.S., EU, and certain other countries may enter Greece without a PCR test if they present a vaccination certificate. The vaccination certificate must be in English, issued by a public authority, and demonstrate that vaccination was completed at least 14 days before arrival to Greece. However, PCR tests may still be required for transit points. more info

Iceland - The Minister of Justice of Iceland has decided that the previously announced decision to exempt from travel restrictions those who can provide proof of vaccination or prior infection will take effect on 6 April. The change in regulation will allow travellers from non-Schengen countries, who meet the criteria, to travel to Iceland for non-essential reasons. more info

TPG-maintained list of countries accepting vaccination certificate

Print Wikipost

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:24 am
Suspended

Hi everyone, Greece will allow entry using just a vaccine card. Article says NHS cards for UK visitors, but I assume CDC for US visitors will be accepted also.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...g-eu-gdfvgxflc
LETTERBOY and seigex like this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by SailorTomSparrow
Hi everyone, Greece will allow entry using just a vaccine card. Article says NHS cards for UK visitors, but I assume CDC for US visitors will be accepted also.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...g-eu-gdfvgxflc
and in my research, it the new rules say it's EITHER vaccine card OR PCR test.. so if you're vaccinated, no PCR test is needed and no quarantine on arrival.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:13 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seigex
and in my research, it the new rules say it's EITHER vaccine card OR PCR test.. so if you're vaccinated, no PCR test is needed and no quarantine on arrival.
In the US not hard to find FREE test sites that will inform you of the results rapidly--so why not do both, as a back/up?
downinit likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:19 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Is it all right if we establish a wiki for this thread to better show the names of the countries and the pertinent info?
SailorTomSparrow likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
In the US not hard to find FREE test sites that will inform you of the results rapidly--so why not do both, as a back/up?
Unfortunately, Greece doesn't count rapid antigen tests as a valid method to enter. It must either be a PCR test or a vaccination certificate.
From my experience, in some cities, there are places that do PCR COVID tests with results <24 hours, although they generally cost over $100. I have seen some free testing sites in various states and those mostly had longer turnaround times.
seigex likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nrr
Sure, if that's what someone wants to do to feel better before their flight, they are more than welcome to and I wouldn't have any issue with it. But it's still not required.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:36 am
Suspended

Hi everyone, looks like from May 12th Bahrain will open to fully vaccinated travellers who will not need to undergo the day 0, 5 and 10 PCR testing procedure. Travellers will need to download 'BeAware' app and upload documentation proving their vaccine status before going through border control. I assume CDC card is sufficient and most vaccines will be accepted. I think Bahrain is using Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm.

https://www.hoteliermiddleeast.com/t...ted-travellers

Also yesterday was some confusion from Greece about whether or not it will accept the NHS cards for UK travellers. One minister said yes, then his spokesperson said no. Would be great to hear from anyone entering Greece on CDC or NHS card if it was accepted or not. Seems silly for them to open to vaccinated travellers but not accept pretty much the only proof given to American and British visitors.
LETTERBOY and seigex like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone, looks like from May 12th Bahrain will open to fully vaccinated travellers who will not need to undergo the day 0, 5 and 10 PCR testing procedure. Travellers will need to download 'BeAware' app and upload documentation proving their vaccine status before going through border control. I assume CDC card is sufficient and most vaccines will be accepted. I think Bahrain is using Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm.

Also yesterday was some confusion from Greece about whether or not it will accept the NHS cards for UK travellers. One minister said yes, then his spokesperson said no. Would be great to hear from anyone entering Greece on CDC or NHS card if it was accepted or not. Seems silly for them to open to vaccinated travellers but not accept pretty much the only proof given to American and British visitors.
I'll let you know how the CDC card works in 3 weeks
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS

That's great news. Those suckers cost anywhere between 15-60 BD (each!) depending on where you get it. My family spent Oct.-April in Bahrain and got Pfizer vaccinations there back in Feb. They're due back in Bahrain in August and they're jazzed they won't have to pay for mandatory arrival tests.
SailorTomSparrow likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nayef
That's great news. Those suckers cost anywhere between 15-60 BD (each!) depending on where you get it. My family spent Oct.-April in Bahrain and got Pfizer vaccinations there back in Feb. They're due back in Bahrain in August and they're jazzed they won't have to pay for mandatory arrival tests.
It is brilliant news. I am due to head to Bahrain soon for work. It was 36BD for the 3 test package on arrival now it is going to be nothing. However will still need to fork out about 20BD for the test to return to the UK/US.
Nayef likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nayef
Is it all right if we establish a wiki for this thread to better show the names of the countries and the pertinent info?
Umm, there is already one at the top of the thread??? BTW, just about any established member is free to update the WIKI at any time. I would just strongly suggest trying to keep the format somewhat consistent, and be sure to include a link to validate the information posted.
GUWonder and seigex like this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Hi guys, just for US based people on here. I contacted my state health department and they have issued me a vaccine certificate now in addition to the CDC card I have. Maybe if there are issues with the cards, it is worth getting the certificate also.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:27 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
What kind of certificate? What information on it?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exp
What kind of certificate? What information on it?
Name. Date of birth. Age. Type of vaccine. Date of vaccine. Vaccine lot number and facility.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:05 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
It came with that info. or they gave you a blank form and you filled it in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.