Lufthansa ticket change of destination ?

Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Lufthansa ticket change of destination ?

Hi guys, Im from New Zealand but I live in Norway and I bought a return ticket on Lufthansa - Oslo to Mexico city via Frakfurt. The day after i left, Norway closed it borders ....
So as it stands now i cant get back in ,as my permanent residency is not yet fixed.
So my question is , I am in Mexico now having used the first leg of my ticket. ( i would like to get back to Europe and maybe wait it out there next month ) .
What if I wanted to change the destination of my ticket ? So to change the second leg from Mexico city to Oslo via Frankfurt to Mexico city via Frakfurt to say Istanbul ? is this possible ... would it cost a lot more ? how would they get the price ? Would it be easy to do ? Thank you so much !
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
This depends on flexibility of your ticket. If it allows changes, ​​​you can usually change the routing subject to any fare difference.

Given that OSL and IST are quite a bit apart, the fare difference could cost you a lot as it is possible this would no longer be considered a return ticket (I'm not sure about LH's policies). It would be better to fly somewhere in Europe. Have you considered ARN/GOT? Sweden currently accepts travellers from New Zealand.

For more details, call LH, this kind of change usually can't be done online.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As you have already flown the first segment(s), LH will recalculate the cost of the new routing and those costs will be dependent on the new fare and the fare rules of your existing ticket.

I would call LH and ask for a price. You may be surprised as fares are not calculated based on distance, but rather demand. If you are flexible about where you will stay in Europe, you might check several destinations (although bear in mind that a cheap ticket might be to an expensive location).
Old Mar 8, 2021, 12:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Under the current waiver you can change the destination, I would call them and explain the situation.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For sure the OP can change the destination. The real Q is how much it will cost to do it. Most likely the fare for the return segments of the ticket will have to be recalculated; the OP may not like the additional amount that will have to be paid to have the return segments changed. But give it a try.

Another option is to wait it out in Mexico/until it is possible to enter Norway again. Mexico is not the worst place to spend time when most other parts of the world are in lockdown/qurantine (apparently social media influencers, celebrities, sport stars etc are of the same opinion flocking to Tulum at the moment).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.