Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Where can I travel to get the Covid-19 vaccine? Shots to non-citizens [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I travel to get the Covid-19 vaccine? Shots to non-citizens [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
I saw an article a few days ago about an ultra-high-end UK tourism agency offering vaccine-tourist trips from London to the UAE. The price was many thousands of pounds, and it still required a lengthy quarantine upon arrival in Dubai.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:29 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

My ex-girlfriend from Mexico called to ask if I could sponsor her for a visa (to get the vaccine somewhere in the states). J'amuse.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I didn't just 'walk into Walmart' but I did make a same day appointment online at a rural Walmart in Tennessee to get my shot. I was eligible and in the correct 'phase'. Our state is going to anyone 16+ can get a shot after April 1.

Problem is, I had to go to the same rural Walmart an hour away from the house 4 weeks later to get my second shot.

I am not sure why it had to be the same Walmart I got the first shot. But, according to Walmart, it did. And no one else was willing to give me a second Moderna shot. I know because I tried.

I suppose you could get a second shot by saying it was your first shot, but then you wouldn't have a vaccine card showing 2 shots (if that matters).
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
There was already a thread about this topic - ‘where can I travel to get Covid vaccine’.

My question on this matter is - what kind of ID/paperwork sites require from an individual to get a vaccine shot? Residency proof? If yes, what kind? Passport/Driver ID? Something else?

If residency requirements are in place, what US citizen who permanently lives overseas can provide in such case?

I am in the situation that where I live, I will have to wait until October-December to be vaccinated. At the same time I can fly to US (and burn the miles which will expire this year) in May to get my vaccine shot. But in terms of providing papers I don’t have anything except passport - have been living outside of US for >10 years.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I didn't just 'walk into Walmart' but I did make a same day appointment online at a rural Walmart in Tennessee to get my shot. I was eligible and in the correct 'phase'. Our state is going to anyone 16+ can get a shot after April 1.

Problem is, I had to go to the same rural Walmart an hour away from the house 4 weeks later to get my second shot.

I am not sure why it had to be the same Walmart I got the first shot. But, according to Walmart, it did. And no one else was willing to give me a second Moderna shot. I know because I tried.
It's a matter of distribution. Sites get the same number of first doses and second doses.

Originally Posted by invisible
There was already a thread about this topic - ‘where can I travel to get Covid vaccine’.

My question on this matter is - what kind of ID/paperwork sites require from an individual to get a vaccine shot? Residency proof? If yes, what kind? Passport/Driver ID? Something else?

If residency requirements are in place, what US citizen who permanently lives overseas can provide in such case?

I am in the situation that where I live, I will have to wait until October-December to be vaccinated. At the same time I can fly to US (and burn the miles which will expire this year) in May to get my vaccine shot. But in terms of providing papers I don’t have anything except passport - have been living outside of US for >10 years.
It depends on the state. I was looking at traveling to Arizona to get a shot because Flagstaff was doing 35+ and they don't care about residency. (They have a lot of snowbirds.) Moot at this point, I scored a waste shot locally.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United

I searched for an existing thread, but didn't find one. I just read that one and it's more international than US Domestic, so I might just add a tag for this for 'US Domestic'.

As far as paperwork, my friend has said nothing was asked from those that walked into walmart in Georgia, and from my own experience in Alabama, nothing was asked, not even my driver's license. And I had brought all the necessary document as the AL website I should.

If you want, I'll ask my friend precisely where you need to go and PM the info--I believe you can have your vaccine tomorrow if you want, no questions asked. They're really desperate in Georgia apparently.

Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
I was looking at traveling to Arizona to get a shot because Flagstaff was doing 35+ and they don't care about residency. (They have a lot of snowbirds.) Moot at this point, I scored a waste shot locally.
And I think this is kinda where we are right now, where 'waste' shots are basically given to anyone that wants it and states with a lot of those are begging for residents but aren't saying no to anyone from anywhere.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Apr 6, 2021 at 5:39 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 24, 2021, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by SamirD
If you want, I'll ask my friend precisely where you need to go and PM the info--I believe you can have your vaccine tomorrow if you want, no questions asked. They're really desperate in Georgia apparently.
Thank you. While it might be useful as a knowledge point for others in the forum, personally for me it will get a really in about 1.5 months and by that time I hope one can get a shot right at the airport.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 4:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For a US citizen who permanently lives overseas, they are usually considered domiciled for voting purposes in the last place where resident in the US (or if never having lived in the US, then the US domicile of their parents). Being a documented local resident isn't required to get vaccinated everywhere in the US. In parts at least, it seems like concerns about whether or not the vaccine administration fee is to be charged to a private insurance company or to the government may come up more than any "show me local ID" thing. Vaccination is to be free in the US for those who seek a vaccination, whether having insurance coverage or not.

It's quite amazing how much easier it is to get vaccinated in the US than it is in most of (non-Russia) Europe at this point.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's quite amazing how much easier it is to get vaccinated in the US than it is in most of (non-Russia) Europe at this point.
“Americans will do the right thing. After they have tried everything else.” (C)
samplat and downinit like this.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
It's quite amazing how much easier it is to get vaccinated in the US than it is in most of (non-RussiaMoscow) Europe at this point.
Had to FTFY - in many regions here vaccine availability is still an issue
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Temedar
Had to FTFY - in many regions here vaccine availability is still an issue
My comment was about the parts of Europe that are not in Russia. I didn't want to bring in how the Russian vaccination campaign is going, so I used "non-Russia Europe" to ignore the Russian part of Europe for this purpose. [I would assume Russia's vaccination campaign has its elements of a Potemkin village dynamic in parts and has been heavily stacked in favor of the present-day equivalent of the nomenklatura and their geographically more proximate ones.]
Old Mar 24, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
In parts at least, it seems like concerns about whether or not the vaccine administration fee is to be charged to a private insurance company or to the government may come up more than any "show me local ID" thing. Vaccination is to be free in the US for those who seek a vaccination, whether having insurance coverage or not.t.
I gave the site my health insurance information even though I didn't need to.
I felt like sticking it to them

It depends on the entity dispensing the vaccine. I provided a DL with an address located within the county and provided proof of employment within the assigned sector. If you don't have an DL which would meet the residency test ,then you would have to something (like voter registration card, school or employment document, lease, utility bill, tax/bank/insurance document etc..) which has your address and a specific approved photo ID.

My mother only provided her DL because of her age.

Then you will have to find a site that doesn't ask any questions. Right now, most states are only allowing certain groups to go first. I think anytime at June-July is when things will settle down and anybody who wants one will get one.

Last edited by i0wnj00; Mar 24, 2021 at 3:05 pm
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by i0wnj00
Then you will have to find a site that doesn't ask any questions. Right now, most states are only allowing certain groups to go first. I think anytime at June-July is when things will settle down and anybody who wants one will get one.
There's several states where they're not asking anything, Georgia being one of them. I spoke to my uncle and he knows 25 year olds in Alabama that got the vaccine before he did--no questions asked if you go to the right place.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
SamirD - Is flagstaff offering anyone the shot? Is this verified . Also in Georgia are these places giving shots without residency requirements close to ATL ? I am currently out of the country and want to fly in to get the shot. CA seems to be far away from having universal availability. Would I be able to schedule at any of these locations so I have a conformation?
Bob
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like visitors can receive vaccine at USVI.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/24/h...n-islands.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.