Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Potential negative test for US domestic travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potential negative test for US domestic travel

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2021, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Other than Hawaii, most US states don't currently have any testing requirements for domestic travel. Vermont and DC require you get tested within 3 days of entry if you haven't been vaccinated. Rhode Island also has some quarantine restrictions from certain states unless you can show a negative test. The rest of the states may have some quarantine recommendations, but they are voluntary.
LETTERBOY and Sinead2000 like this.

Last edited by xliioper; May 6, 2021 at 6:22 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 6:17 pm

Thanks so much for your quick reply. We will be getting a Covid test prior to the flight for the sake of having to have one prior to our land crossing to Ontario (to avoid the over-priced, government-mandated quarantine hotel/prison). Just trying to time the Covid test/flight/drive wait at border.

Thanks again- I'm so glad I found this forum!
Old May 6, 2021, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Sinead2000
Hi,

We are fully vaccinated and are flying from SRQ to BUF, via ATL. Are we required to provide a negative Covid-19 test, and if so, does the airline demand a PCR test? I just read a comment in a different forum regarding the latter.

Thanks very much in advance,

Sinead
There is no US testing requirement applicable for flights within the US. And for SRQ-ATL-BUF, there is no testing required or checked.
Sinead2000 likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 8:04 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by xliioper
Other than Hawaii, most US states don't currently have any testing requirements for domestic travel.
Puerto Rico has a testing requirement.

https://www.discoverpuertorico.com/i...cutive%20order.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by snic

Puerto Rico is not a US state
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 7, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Doppy
Puerto Rico is not a US state
Yes, but the title of the thread is "Covid test required for vaccinated people within US flights?"
Spanish likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
If it were coupled with a rapid test, I'm actually ok with it, but really, getting a nationwide vaccination registry going (in the works I understand) and requiring vaccination for air travel would work better.

With the supply of vaccines outstripping the demand at the moment, I have little patience with the anti-vaxxer's. Getting up to the 70-80% vaccination levels needed to really stamp this thing out is what will make us all safer in the longer run. The slower we are, the more chance for new strains to develop which are resistant to current vaccines. Then we start all over again!
Old May 9, 2021, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by snic

However, the passenger could simply decide not to be tested before his flight and get tested at Puerto Rico.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 8:35 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...r-domestic-air
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) introduced a bill on Wednesday that would require travelers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test negative before domestic travel.

The U.S. Air Travel Public Safety Act would require the Department of Health and Human Services and the Federal Aviation Administration to develop standards for airlines to verify that a person has either been vaccinated, tested negative for COVID-19 or has fully recovered from a coronavirus infection to be able to fly.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
This has practically zero chance of actually passing. Senate Republicans would certainly filibuster it, and the Dems don't have the 60 votes it would take to stop a filibuster.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
This has practically zero chance of actually passing. Senate Republicans would certainly filibuster it, and the Dems don't have the 60 votes it would take to stop a filibuster.
Tell me again. Why is it that someone, apart from those being afraid of those supporting you that have bought into misinformation, would not be in favor of that travelers would be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test negative before domestic travel?
Old Oct 1, 2021, 1:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The US airlines will throw a tantrum if required to do this. Dealing with the TSA will become even worse than it already is if the TSA is tasked with having to do this test or vaccine verification for any or all travel from US airports.

That it’s only a very old US Senator on her way out who is even of the idea of doing this and saying so publicly says something. Doesn’t she still fly privately? With her military flights, her private flights and DCA’s perimeter rule, no wonder I have barely ever seen her at DCA and likely won’t get a chance to see her in person again to say she’s too late on her way out too.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Free or it won’t work

Originally Posted by azepine00
this really loops back to the idea that was strongly recommended but never implemented - easy unlimited access to free testing

most will have no problem doing a test if it means a quick fee-free stop at CVS or walgreens etc... what we currently have is long lines, scheduling days in advance and no guaranteed turnarounds
I just travelled to Canada and spent more on testing than flying. I also spent more time getting tested than I did in the air. Something’s gotta give.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
I thought flying was safe!

What’s this all about? Were we lied to again? We were told it was safe to wear a mask and be in an airplane seated shoulder to shoulder with anyone.

Now we need to spend about 1/2 the cost of a flight and an additional hour or so to prep for each flight? Come on people.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by tryathlete
What’s this all about? Were we lied to again? We were told it was safe to wear a mask and be in an airplane seated shoulder to shoulder with anyone.

Now we need to spend about 1/2 the cost of a flight and an additional hour or so to prep for each flight? Come on people.
Or you could just get vaccinated, which is free. It's a personal choice at this point to go the testing route rather than vaccination.

Also, we were never told airplanes were safe. We were told that they are safer than a lot of other public situations like bars and restaurants. There are a few studies from the last year showing limited COVID transmission amongst passengers on flights.
JBJ2435 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.