Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Covid19 in Switzerland [split off from Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience]

Covid19 in Switzerland [split off from Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience]

Old May 26, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Not much changed regarding travel. Otherwise things like restaurants being able to serve guests inside the restaurants were mentioned. There will also be some sort of certificate available to vaccinated people, and people who have had the virus in early June.

Detailed info: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...es-bundes.html
and
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...countries.html

Last edited by greg5; May 26, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Old May 26, 2021, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
May 26 Switzerland was supposed to have new updates, it is now 3:00 pm EDT = 9:00 pm in Switz., nearly the end of 5/26--I can't find any news info.
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...-id-83697.html

Old May 26, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
Not much changed regarding travel.
With proof of completed vaccination (both shots, two weeks prior to the flight) or recent and fully recovered Covid infection, there are changes:

No need to isolate/quarantine on arrival, and no pre-flight test needed.

Note: Does not apply if coming from a country of "severe variant concern". There's no doubt a list of those.
Old May 26, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Various
Absolutely.

It's

2. Countries* with a worrying variant
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • India
  • Nepal
  • South Africa
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home...html#858610174
adrianlondon likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GFL, Iberia Plus Platino, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Where does it say that you dont need test if double vaccinated pls ? I can't find it ☹️
Old May 26, 2021, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ramos
Where does it say that you dont need test if double vaccinated pls ? I can't find it ☹️
It's stated in the link I gave above.
...are now exempt from contact and travel quarantine for a period of six months, as well as from the requirement to be tested and provide contact details on arrival in Switzerland,
Also, someone on a Facebook group asked and got a response:

Old May 26, 2021, 5:06 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just to be doubly safe, what do they need to prove that I've been vaccinated? Is a CDC (USA) card sufficient?
Old May 26, 2021, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
Just to be doubly safe, what do they need to prove that I've been vaccinated? Is a CDC (USA) card sufficient?
They've not said, but if I had to guess I'd say yes. Assuming you're allowed into Switzerland it could be worth asking the local Swiss embassy.
Old May 26, 2021, 5:31 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
With proof of completed vaccination (both shots, two weeks prior to the flight) or recent and fully recovered Covid infection, there are changes:

Note: Does not apply if coming from a country of "severe variant concern". There's no doubt a list of those.
Some are interpreting this as referring mainly to Swiss citizens returning to Switzerland, not necessarily visitors from within and outside of the EU.

Last edited by exp; May 26, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Old May 26, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by exp
Some are interpreting this as referring mainly to Swiss citizens returning to Sweden, not necessarily visitors from within and outside of the EU.
That's what I thought as well since none of the North American countries are listed as non-highrisk countries which would mean entry is still not allowed unless for essential reasons.
I assume you meant to write "Swiss citizens returning to Switzerland" and not to "Sweden".
Old May 26, 2021, 6:19 pm

Citizenship or residency. I know that's what you both meant, but it's worth highlighting.

But yes, the new rule relating to isolation and testing for vaccinated persons doesn't alter who is and who isn't allowed into Switzerland. I don't know whether it applies to legal visitors (such as partners of Swiss residents).
Old May 26, 2021, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by adrianlondon

The second link: https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home...countries.html provides a list of not high-risk countries, everywhere else is high-risk. Basically Schengen and a handful of others are not high-risk.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:56 am

And ... the UK gets added to the disaster list. No isolation or testing exemption.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.