Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Can one currently enter into Germany (through BER airport) form Belgium on Business?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can one currently enter into Germany (through BER airport) form Belgium on Business?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club

As the subject says, can a Belgian citizen enter Germany through BER airport without needing to quarantine. Purpose of travel is business. A PCR test can be obtained before arrival.

I'm aware there is an entry form one needs to fill in online. Does one get stopped/checked/asked questions at the airport? Is some sort of proof of business required?

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:55 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

Quarantine and reporting obligations for those entering the state of Berlin

Quarantine and reporting obligations apply to persons who have been in a risk area within the last 10 days prior to their arrival in the state of Berlin. The list of current risk areas is published by the Robert Koch Institute.

View the current list of risk areas

Immediately upon entry, the aforementioned persons who have entered Berlin must proceed directly to their own apartment or house or other suitable accommodation and stay there constantly for a period of 10 days after entry. During this quarantine period, all contact with persons who are not part of your household must be strictly avoided.

In addition, people returning to or entering Berlin after having been in a high-risk area must contact their borough health office without delay to report their arrival.

There are exceptions to the quarantine for travelers returning from a risk area if they can present a medical certificate and a current laboratory report in German, English or French confirming that there are no indications of coronavirus infection. However, this only applies if epidemiological precautions have been taken in the respective risk area on the basis of an agreement between the Federal Republic of Germany and other governments. If the German Foreign Office has announced a travel warning for a risk area, this exception from the quarantine obligation does not apply. The test documents must be kept for at least ten days and must be presented to the responsible authority immediately upon request. The certificate must refer to a molecular biological test that meets the criteria of the Robert Koch Institute (link to https://www.rki.de/covid-19-tests) and must have been carried out no more than 48 hours before, or immediately upon, entry into the Federal Republic of Germany.

Persons visiting first or second degree relatives, spouses, life partners or persons for whom there is a joint or shared right of custody or visitation are also exempted from quarantine. Visits for urgent medical treatment are also exempt as are commuters and persons in transit.

In addition, there are further exceptions for essential business visits as well as for the maintenance of critical infrastructure; health care, public security and governing institutions. However, curfews and hygiene concepts must also be observed.

For all these exceptions, there remains an obligation to report the information required to the authority responsible.
https://www.berlin.de/corona/en/measures/#headline_1_18
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I believe the practical answer is 'no'.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
fransknorge LondonElite , thanks for the answers. Saw that info too, but because there was no discernment between business/touristic travel purposes I thought I'd check if anybody knew more specifically in that case.

I was over in Germany a few weeks ago and went via car. At the hotel I was told if it was for business I did not need to quarantine...
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:17 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
That was complete BS from the hotel.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:20 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Synthesis
can a Belgian citizen enter Germany through BER airport without needing to quarantine
For accuracy's sake - it is not about citizenship but about where you have been recently. A Belgian citizen who has not stayed in a risk area recently can enter Germany and stay in Germany for any purpose without quarantining. A German citizen coming from Belgium would have to quarantine.

Someone coming from Belgium can enter Germany from anywhere for the purpose of transit without needing to quarantine either, but they have to leave Germany by the most direct route. They can also enter the areas of Germany bordering Belgium (i.e. NRW) for short trips for various purposes, and furthermore the quarantine obligation in NRW is not currently in force (but you must still register your entry except for certain short trips and you may be obliged to take a COVID test, which if positive would require isolation).
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:23 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Synthesis
As the subject says, can a Belgian citizen enter Germany through BER airport without needing to quarantine. Purpose of travel is business. A PCR test can be obtained before arrival.

I'm aware there is an entry form one needs to fill in online. Does one get stopped/checked/asked questions at the airport? Is some sort of proof of business required?

Thanks
To answer your question regarding being stopped/checked, from my recent experience, the answer is no. I went straight from the plane to pick up my luggage and then onto the city without anyone even looking at me. Now I'm not sure if this only happens in BER or everywhere else in the country.

On the plane, people that did not register online (again, no one checked) were handed a form that was then left in a box on row 1. What happens to those forms is anyone's guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.