Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

AMS transit/connection questions [merged thread]

AMS transit/connection questions [merged thread]

Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Brit travelling to AMS from CPT (via DOH)

Have managed to bag an excellent fare from AMS to CPT on QR. I'm UK based. I see from the relevant government websites that I will need a PCR to enter SA. I'm not clear if a test is needed to enter NL (when in transit) but on my outbound, I'll have one anyhow.

On my way back though I'm unsure if I need a test. I will stay air side (assuming this is possible) at AMS after arriving from DOH whilst I wait for my flight back to London.

So I guess the question is this: Is a test needed to enter Holland if transiting and will separate tickets will acceptable proof of being in transit.

My trip back is just over 5 weeks away so appreciate things could change.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Have managed to bag an excellent fare from AMS to CPT on QR. I'm UK based. I see from the relevant government websites that I will need a PCR to enter SA. I'm not clear if a test is needed to enter NL (when in transit) but on my outbound, I'll have one anyhow.

On my way back though I'm unsure if I need a test. I will stay air side (assuming this is possible) at AMS after arriving from DOH whilst I wait for my flight back to London.

So I guess the question is this: Is a test needed to enter Holland if transiting and will separate tickets will acceptable proof of being in transit.

My trip back is just over 5 weeks away so appreciate things could change.
Your travel will be non-Schengen to non-Schengen at AMS so no testing needed as you will not be passing through Netherlands immigration, although you will have to stay airside to meet this condition. The stickier part is having two separate tickets as the first ticket is only to AMS and you may have to explain the situation using your second ticket. I am also assuming you are travelling hand baggage only.
littlefish likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ardecos
Your travel will be non-Schengen to non-Schengen at AMS so no testing needed as you will not be passing through Netherlands immigration, although you will have to stay airside to meet this condition. The stickier part is having two separate tickets as the first ticket is only to AMS and you may have to explain the situation using your second ticket. I am also assuming you are travelling hand baggage only.
Yes. I will be HBO. My biggest concern is Qatar refusing boarding in SA or DOH.

In my situation, would you get a test before heading back even though its not required?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Yes. I will be HBO. My biggest concern is Qatar refusing boarding in SA or DOH.

In my situation, would you get a test before heading back even though its not required?
It may not be strictly necessary but it would give you peace of mind.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Traveling MSP-AMS-BLQ in a couple of weeks. Only option was a 9hr layover at AMS. Am I able to leave Schipol to visit the city? Just not sure if I have to present a negative test when I get back to AMS or not. Thanks
altabello likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: Excecutive Club Bronze
I'm confused by the info links on the schiphol website. I will have a transfer at AMS (ARN-AMS-CUN) and back the same way. No vaxx status or tests are required for either of my destinations so as far as I can understand I just breeze through? If and where will there be checkpoints and for what?
The health declaration is included in KLM's OLCI, correct? Do I still need to print it out? Do I need this other paper, exemption from quarantine? Do I need it both ways? It's seems pointless since I'm clearly on a transfer ticket?
Is there anything else I should know? It's been a good while (years) since I've flown through AMS. Travelling next week.
I hope someone can help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.