Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entering US on B1 Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2020, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Entering US on B1 Visa

I travel to the US on a frequent basis to attend business meetings and am a Canadian citizen. I enter on a B1 visa prior to COVID and have never had an issue. Are we still able to enter the US on a B1 visa to attend meetings. I am uncertain as to exact date of return to Canada, but work is piling up in the states. has anyone had experience with this...much appreciated
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AdamPa
I travel to the US on a frequent basis to attend business meetings and am a Canadian citizen. I enter on a B1 visa prior to COVID and have never had an issue. Are we still able to enter the US on a B1 visa to attend meetings. I am uncertain as to exact date of return to Canada, but work is piling up in the states. has anyone had experience with this...much appreciated
You won't have any problem with flying over to the U.S. but of course coming back to Canada will result in mandatory isolation.

In any case better have an adequate answer for immigration why you can't do your "business meetings" online like many others in these times. And I suggest not to use the phrase "work is piling up" when talking to them because a B1 isn't the right visa for actual, physical work.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat
No problem for me last month YYZ FLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.