Kenya travel for US Citizens

Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Voldoo
I believe the OP was and is trying to respect the rules of Kenya.
Sorry. So far, OP did not show respect to anything other than him/herself.

I didn't scan the entire thread, but I didn't see any mention of the OP wanting to lie or falsify any information.
You really need to read the whole thing:

Originally Posted by glocklt4
We are residents of Texas, but trying to figure out a way around this considering it says "coming from" as opposed to "residents of". That is very vague and we're trying to get clarification. If I go to another state for a couple days, am I still "coming from" Texas? Not sure where we would figure out the specifics of these rules. TY!
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I'd say the OP was doing the exact opposite...
I haven't done the research but this is the quote from the OP: "

"Please note that U.S. citizen travelers coming from California, Florida and Texas will not be exempt and will be required to quarantine upon arrival either at Government of Kenya-designated facility or at their Kenyan residence"

So the way I read this, and what I assume the OP is asking is; if he leaves Texas and let's say quarentines for 2 weeks outside that state than this would mean he is exempt from quarantine based on the conditions imposed by the Kenyan government. How is that not respecting the rules of Kenya? It would be one thing he they traveled from TX and then lied upon entry or flew to another state just for the purpose of flying from there to Nairobi. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.......if you haven't been somewhere for 2 weeks, it isn't unreasonable to claim that this was not your starting point of origin.
glocklt4 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by garykung
Sorry. So far, OP did not show respect to anything other than him/herself.

You really need to read the whole thing:

Thank you garykung, I did not notice that part. I do think if the OP's plan is to go to another state just for a few days/hours then it obviously violates the intention of the Kenyan government. Just out of curiousity; would those here be more supportive of the OP of they went to another approved state for a full 14 days (or agreed to a 14-day quarentine in Kenya)?
glocklt4 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nobody wants US citizens to visit their country now. Save the Kenya trip for the 11th anniversary. The Kenyans will appreciate it and youll be doing a small part to dispel the current view that American selfishness is the reason Covid is running rampant there.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Nobody wants US citizens to visit their country now. Save the Kenya trip for the 11th anniversary. The Kenyans will appreciate it and you’ll be doing a small part to dispel the current view that American selfishness is the reason Covid is running rampant there.
Perhaps you should let other countries and their goverments speak for themselves. If Keynya and the dozen or so other countries did not want U.S. citizens to visit, then they would not have opened their borders to them.

COVID infections and deaths are not the only consideration in the world; there are social, econmoic and geo-political effects occuring that we will probably not fully understand for another decade. The people I know who most strongly support lockdowns and quarentines are generally people who reside in developed countries wtith stronger social programs, and who tend to be highly educated meaning they can work remotely for the most part. Unfortunately most of the world does not fit into this category; most countries do not have diverse, robust economies that can recover as quickly as the ones you see in developed nations.

I don't know the psyche of the Kenyan people so I won't make any assumptions. All I know is, if I were in a developing country and was faced with the choice of A) No chance of COVID infections but also no money, or B) extremely small chance of COVID death but able to feed my family, I would choose option B.
glocklt4, exbayern and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Just out of curiousity; would those here be more supportive of the OP of they went to another approved state for a full 14 days (or agreed to a 14-day quarentine in Kenya)?
Although I have no right to represent others, based on the posts here so far, I am pretty much sure the answer is NO. FT or not, many have been separating from their families and friends because limiting social gathering, as well as essential travel only can reduce the risk of spreading. IMHO - everyone's safety is more important than everything. So I don't see why a trip for 10th Anniversary has to be continued.

Beside - a quarantine only prevents the virus from spreading. It does not prevent the person subject to quarantine from getting it.

FWIW - I take the same approach to everyone in FT - essential travel only. So it is not a bias against OP or not. For example, if you ask me if you should go to LAS for some gambling, I will say you are out of your mind.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 5:33 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The thread has been closed but if the OP has anything new to report please contact a forum moderator.

NewbieRunner
Forum mod
ajGoes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.