Getting to China [NYC to PVG]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 3:32 pm
Original Poster
Mandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum
Getting to China [NYC to PVG]

Hi all,
I have a need to be in China (PVG specifically) by 26 August. I’m currently in the US, and I previously held an AA-issued ticket in J via JFK and HND (JL), but HND-PVG segment was cancelled. I’m looking for an alternative routing (preferably OW, but given the situation anything will do.) Anyone have any creative routing ideas?
Thanks for any insight!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 4:34 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
How about via LHR? Seems to be many China flights from LHR and anyone can enter the UK provided they self-quarantine if leaving the airport.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:19 am
Original Poster

I’ve been looking— nothing ex- LHR on my dates (weirdly, Google flights shows a nonstop BA flight, but then when you click to book BA gives an error). Currently I hold JFK-LHR-HEL-PVG as my (nearly empty) Finnair HEL-PVG flight is now being listed as “sold out” on their site, making me think they may be planning to cancel it.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 8:38 am

The new requirement of a pre-departure Covid test through an embassy-approved lab is almost certainly going to depress passenger traffic, and that in turn may lead to sudden and unexpected flight cancellations.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: Centurion, Virgin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
If anybody knows how to get to anywhere in China from LHR, at a reasonable price, please let me know?

BA want £5k direct in economy, and most of the indirect flights are not achievable due to transiting rules.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by controlz
If anybody knows how to get to anywhere in China from LHR, at a reasonable price, please let me know?

BA want £5k direct in economy, and most of the indirect flights are not achievable due to transiting rules.
I was able to get a one-way LHR-HEL-PVG with AY for ~£2000 in J.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: Centurion, Virgin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wk989
I was able to get a one-way LHR-HEL-PVG with AY for ~£2000 in J.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any availability with AY. Also, £2000 J - wow very good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.