Disabled travel during COVID-19

Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Disabled travel during COVID-19

I am a below the knee amputee. In early July I have a really necessary trip, the first since February. In "normal times' going through a metal detector means that I am patted because... it rings (after all the lower half of my right leg is metal) and I wear braces. I am concerned as to what will happen with the COVID-19 prevention procedures. Any idea? I hate wearing shorts but maybe they might be a good idea
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Basically the same procedure. Shorts won't make a difference as you will still set off the metal detector. I'm batting @80% getting full body pat downs, some days it's an implant (same implant for 9 years only detected randomly) , some days I'm the random selection and some days they don't like the look of something in my bag. They have been constant about following their protocols. Be early, be calm, maintain eye contact with your gear and let them proceed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.