Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Realities of Flight from UK [to Ukraine] at start July?

Old Jun 17, 2020, 1:12 am
Original Poster

I am intending to fly from the UK to the Ukraine at the start of July for five days on a combination of business and pleasure. I'm comfortable with the practicalities of the 14 day quarantine in the UK on my return.

Is there anything else I should be aware of? Has anyone experiences of having flown from the UK in the past week to anywhere in Europe?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
From IATA (TIMATIC):-

Published 16.06.2020
1. Flights to Ukraine restarted.
2. Passengers are subject to quarantine.
Very basic notes - you'll need to do your own research as to what that means in specific terms for you but the UK is in the 'Red Zone' of countries from which arrivals are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
From IATA (TIMATIC):-

Very basic notes - you'll need to do your own research as to what that means in specific terms for you but the UK is in the 'Red Zone' of countries from which arrivals are required to self-isolate for 14 days.
I'll look into that thanks. I'm staying in the Ukraine for 5 days, do I have to stay there for 14 days or can I stay for 5, return to the UK and then do my quarantine?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Ulfhedin
I am intending to fly from the UK to the Ukraine at the start of July for five days on a combination of business and pleasure. I'm comfortable with the practicalities of the 14 day quarantine in the UK on my return.

Is there anything else I should be aware of? Has anyone experiences of having flown from the UK in the past week to anywhere in Europe?
First, I wouldn't call it that when you get there if were you.

Second, things can change in the next two weeks and the situation in Ukraine is fluid.

This is on the US Embassy website, but applies pretty well. Depends if the UK is on their high risk list or not, and that changes every few days.Entry and Exit Requirements:
  • The Ukrainian government has lifted the entry ban for foreigners. U.S. citizens will be allowed to enter Ukraine if they can demonstrate that they have medical insurance covering all expenses related to COVID-19 treatment while on the territory of Ukraine. U.S. citizens entering Ukraine will be required to enter into self-quarantine if the Ministry of Health considers the United States a country with high incidence of COVID-19. That determination will be reviewed and communicated to Border Police every three days, as well as published on their website. Accordingly, U.S. citizens traveling to Ukraine should check the latest determination prior to travel and be prepared to self-isolate if advised to do so upon arrival.
  • Commercial international passenger services to and from Ukraine will gradually resume as of June 15. U.S. citizens interested in departing Ukraine can find information about future flights by visiting the airlines websites.
  • Many land border checkpoints with neighboring countries have re-opened. You can find a full list of currently open border crossings here.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
If you need to quarantine for the entire time you are in Ukraine, what would be the point?
largeeyes likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
If you need to quarantine for the entire time you are in Ukraine, what would be the point?
Absolutely, I had accepted a quarantine on the return to the UK, but being quarantined for the entire time I'm in Ukraine makes it utterly pointless. Thanks everyone for the feedback. Really helpful!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.