Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Minsk to Moscow [Russian passport holders]

Old Jun 15, 2020, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Hello my fellow travelers !
I'll try to make this post as short as possible since I need a really quick solution from the wisest among you !

My friend's family needs to get back to Russia, and since all what happened and happening
they can't quite make there, so what they want to do is, to take a flight to Minsk(Belarus- just making sure and then make their way to Moscow.

And here I could use any help and advice, what is the cheapest way they could get there (Moscow) considering they do not have much to spend ?

I really need a fast solution since the flight is on 18.6
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Are they Russian citizens? The border is closed for most non-citizens (exceptions are made for close relatives of a citizen, those with a special permit to enter, etc.)
Train service from Minsk to Moscow is stopped, so it's either an occasional flight or a bus. No idea how much plane tickets will cost now, but I'm sure the bus will be cheaper.
There are more complex options like taking a domestic train towards the border, crossing it on foot, reaching the nearest train station (e.g. Smolensk) and taking a train to Moscow from there.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Yes they do have Russian passport, I am currently trying to contact few bus transportation companies. Didnt get any replies yet....
But hoping for the best
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Just google "автобус минск москва" (Russian for 'bus minsk moscow'), get the companies mails/phone #s and ask for prices/schedules. Some Russian knowledge might be required though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.