Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cambodia home to USA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Question Cambodia home to USA?

I have an elderly in-law who has been in Phnom Penh since long before the corona virus came along. She intended to be there for the winter (lots of family there), then come home in April. She's a U.S. citizen, Chicago resident. Her return ticket has her on KAL this coming weekend, which obviously won't work. Where can she transit through to get home, if anywhere (and hopefully at a reasonable cost)?

Long-time reader/flyer (AA lifetime gold), first time writer. Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:10 pm

I recommend she register with the US DoS(STEP) and perhaps contact the embassy there. I know some embassy's have been organizing charters or at least keeping up on outgoing flights(God knows the US Embassy in Berlin seems hellbent on me returning.....)
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:50 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by Mike Raffety
I have an elderly in-law who has been in Phnom Penh since long before the corona virus came along. She intended to be there for the winter (lots of family there), then come home in April. She's a U.S. citizen, Chicago resident. Her return ticket has her on KAL this coming weekend, which obviously won't work. Where can she transit through to get home, if anywhere (and hopefully at a reasonable cost)?

Long-time reader/flyer (AA lifetime gold), first time writer. Thank you in advance!
Can she get into Thailand and make it to Bangkok? I am not sure what the Thai restrictions are right now

ANA and JAL are still running flights and as far as I know there are no transit restrictions in Japan.

Or BKK-DOH-US, QR is still running most flights.

Edit:

Looks like ANA is running its PNH-NRT flight (in the air right now) and Japan doesn't have transit restrictions. ANA is still running its NRT-ORD flight.

Last edited by A4K; Apr 1, 2020 at 10:57 am
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by A4K
Looks like ANA is running its PNH-NRT flight (in the air right now) and Japan doesn't have transit restrictions. ANA is still running its NRT-ORD flight.
Yes, checking Google Flights should give you a few options PNH-ORD via TYO.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Looks like that should work, but now she's uncertain whether to just stay in Cambodia, where it's relatively safe (she was born there). Thank you, all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.