Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Would you take a vacation now, even with social distancing ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2020, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Okay, I know we are all going stir crazy being indoors. I want to go to Scottsdale next weekend. I plan to socially distance myself as I'm doing now. I called the Embassy Suites Scottsdale and the gym and pool are still open and they are just advising people to socially distance their lounge chairs from each other and she indicated this has been going on with no problem.

I want to get away to enjoy a different view, relax at the pool and enjoy some drinks in my room followed by my favorite go-to pizza pie delivery (Barros).

Thoughts? I will be not be around people any different than I am right now (at a local park with a cold one). The planes are empty and flight attendants are asking to social distance.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Okay, I know we are all going stir crazy being indoors. I want to go to Scottsdale next weekend. I plan to socially distance myself as I'm doing now. I called the Embassy Suites Scottsdale and the gym and pool are still open and they are just advising people to socially distance their lounge chairs from each other and she indicated this has been going on with no problem.

I want to get away to enjoy a different view, relax at the pool and enjoy some drinks in my room followed by my favorite go-to pizza pie delivery (Barros).

Thoughts? I will be not be around people any different than I am right now (at a local park with a cold one). The planes are empty and flight attendants are asking to social distance.
i wouldn’t do it.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thelark
i wouldn’t do it.
what is your biggest concern of where you think you could get infected? Just curious.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I wouldn't go.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what is your biggest concern of where you think you could get infected? Just curious.
Hot 22 year old girl by the pool.
flipstah likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'm trying to keep this thread in the Texas forum up to date with the latest info. There are currently no restrictions on entry to Texas from Arizona, but that could easily change (you'd need to self-quarantine if you visit California, among other places):
Texas COVID-19 / Coronavirus Updates

And no, I have no plans to travel by plane, possibly this fall.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The odd thing is the Biltmore and a few other Scottsdale properties are sold out next weekend (?!)
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
I'm trying to keep this thread in the Texas forum up to date with the latest info. There are currently no restrictions on entry to Texas from Arizona, but that could easily change (you'd need to self-quarantine if you visit California, among other places):
Texas COVID-19 / Coronavirus Updates

And no, I have no plans to travel by plane, possibly this fall.
Thanks

AZ has not been hit relatively hard.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks

AZ has not been hit relatively hard.
Per capita, Texas is among the lowest states right now. Given how quickly things move, I really wouldn't travel anywhere right now, especially outside of the state.
If you do go, make sure you have a solid 2-week supply at home for when you come back, in case you need to self-isolate.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Per capita, Texas is among the lowest states right now. Given how quickly things move, I really wouldn't travel anywhere right now, especially outside of the state.
If you do go, make sure you have a solid 2-week supply at home for when you come back, in case you need to self-isolate.
2 week supply of what? Toilet paper?

I'm home officing now and zero work travel like anyone else so worst comes to worst and AA cancels all flights I just drive back.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
so worst comes to worst
That's not really the worst that could happen....
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:26 pm

2 week supply of what? Toilet paper?

I'm home officing now and zero work travel like anyone else so worst comes to worst and AA cancels all flights I just drive back.
2 weeks of self-isolating means you don't go anywhere. So you'd need enough food and whatever else you think you might need to last you for 2 weeks.
The current group of travelers who are required to self-isolate in Texas complete a form on the plane. Then DPS checks in on them daily. So be prepared for that.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

2 weeks of self-isolating means you don't go anywhere. So you'd need enough food and whatever else you think you might need to last you for 2 weeks.
The current group of travelers who are required to self-isolate in Texas complete a form on the plane. Then DPS checks in on them daily. So be prepared for that.
but not travelers ex-Phx
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even with self isolation I think food could still be delivered. I've been watching Dallas County numbers and they are headed up. Think I'd stay put for now.

I have a minor medical procedure scheduled for this Friday at a freestanding clinic. Giving a lot of thought to postponing since it is something I can safely skip and I would be considered high risk if exposed to COVID-19.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ian, it is not just keeping a distance. It is also wiping down surfaces that others may have touched, wearing gloves etc. That doesn't sound like much of a vacation to me. I don't know what your weather is but can't you just hang by your own pool?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.