Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

USA domestic federal / state / city Covid-19 travel restrictions & isolation measures

Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Resources Link to FT Thread on the 14-Day Quarantine for Arriving Visitors and Returning Residents to the State of Hawai`i: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawa...26-2020-a.html
Print Wikipost

USA domestic federal / state / city Covid-19 travel restrictions & isolation measures

Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
I am going to LA early next week for work, i will report how are things on the ground
No need to be concerned imo. This only affects LA County, and there's no chance of the state government implementing statewide restrictions for two reasons. First, the epidemiological situation (ICU capacity, hospitalization, etc...) is still golden, and second, implementing restrictive policies would likely affect the recall election that's going to happen in 6 weeks.

I did hear about some DTLA bars requiring CDC cards or a recent covid test to get in, but that's a private business choice. It's not mandated, and it was specifically bars. I also have a friend who owns a retail business in LA County, and he says nothing has changed for him. Ie he's not masking at work, and nobody's enforcing the mandate.

I live in a neighboring county, and if you don't want to deal with it, you can always hang out in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, or Ventura Counties.

Last edited by lobo411; Jul 22, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Old Jul 25, 2021, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not a travel restriction but La La land aka LA County has just re-implemented mandatory mask restrictions indoors. I would skip CA for now if you are opposed to such requirements because they tend to play copycat across the state.
Actually, the copycatting so far has been on the other side of the country. I forgot who exactly, but there were at least a couple cities or counties east of the Rockies that had also re-implemented mask restrictions, on the news within the last few days.

So it can be copy-catted anywhere.

Furthermore, even in places (in California and likely elsewhere) where there is no county-wide or city-wide restriction, a particular business may still require a mask, so it a good idea to always have a mask handy just in case.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
As I predicted, 7 of the SF Bay Area countries (including SF, Oakland, San Jose, Napa, Sonoma, Napa, etc) have implemented a regulation requiring everyone to wear masks indoors in public spaces. This includes restaurants, bars, museums, shows, public transit, airports. The time period (as always) is indefinite. The rule does not require masks outdoors.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Boraxo
As I predicted, 7 of the SF Bay Area countries (including SF, Oakland, San Jose, Napa, Sonoma, Napa, etc) have implemented a regulation requiring everyone to wear masks indoors in public spaces.
One of the remaining "etc" counties coincidentally happens to have the highest vaccination rate in the country, with people being mask compliant regardless. Also, Contra Costa, San Mateo and the city of Berkeley. Oakland and San Jose are the big cities in the counties of Alameda and Santa Clara respectively. Not Solano county though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.