Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

USA domestic federal / state / city Covid-19 travel restrictions & isolation measures

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Resources Link to FT Thread on the 14-Day Quarantine for Arriving Visitors and Returning Residents to the State of Hawai`i: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawa...26-2020-a.html
Print Wikipost

USA domestic federal / state / city Covid-19 travel restrictions & isolation measures

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TomMM
My second Pfizer shot is scheduled for 21 days after the first but I was told I could get the second +-4 days from the scheduled date.
Definitely will wait until day 21.
Good idea.

+/- 2 days may be less of a problem with acceptance in some other countries than +/- 4 days between shots. I saw that Iceland had taken that sort of position for at least a period of time, with it was a 19 day minimum between shots.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:42 am

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/co...ravel-advisory

so it seems as though finally ny state finally is following cdc guidance, so international travelers wont have to quarantine upon arrival in nys, which makes sense...

now just the part where fully vaccinated international travelers have to test before coming into the country....hopefully that goes away sometime soon,
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; NEXUS
Originally Posted by pallas
This news article seems to imply that the national guard at New York airports are no longer collecting forms, that the program went to April 1st. Any real world reports in New York (any airport) recently?

https://www.army.mil/article/245012/...from_travelers
Last Friday (04/09/21) my husband flew back home from TX (IAH - CLT - ROC).

In Rochester there were no more Nat'l Guard there nor was anyone collecting those lovely forms. Yay !!
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by TomMM
My second Pfizer shot is scheduled for 21 days after the first but I was told I could get the second +-4 days from the scheduled date.
+&- ??

So if you wait until Day 26, you're SOL?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:14 pm

Just checking, as a US citizen returning from France July 10th, I still need to get a COVID test in France before returning to the States, yes?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Just checking, as a US citizen returning from France July 10th, I still need to get a COVID test in France before returning to the States, yes?
As of today yes.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
USA Covid Test in country

Hello - sorry if this is covered elsewhere - tried to search but there are 1000s of posts.

Currently in the US. If I’m traveling to Columbia for less than 2 days, I know I need a test for my return flight back into the US but can I have taken that within the US before I leave?

If I can, does the test have to be under 72hrs or 3 clear days before my arrival?
So if I arrive on a Friday at say 12pm? Does the test have to be from at least 12pm Tuesday or can it be anytime Tuesday?

Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2021, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Jonnyphan
Hello - sorry if this is covered elsewhere - tried to search but there are 1000s of posts.

Currently in the US. If I’m traveling to Columbia for less than 2 days, I know I need a test for my return flight back into the US but can I have taken that within the US before I leave?

If I can, does the test have to be under 72hrs or 3 clear days before my arrival?
So if I arrive on a Friday at say 12pm? Does the test have to be from at least 12pm Tuesday or can it be anytime Tuesday?

Thanks!
Your test can be taken anywhere as long as it is within the required timeframe. I'm fairly confident that although the timeframe is often specified in hours it has been implemented in days - with any time that day counting. So, a Tuesday test (taken at any time) should be good for a Friday departure to the US. But be careful - airport agents have been known to go by hours vs. days. I've had them try that with me and while my test was within the requisite number of hours, they started to do the hours calculation.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For entry to the USA, the rule is three days (not specified in terms of hours). There's a big thread here on this, including information on supervised self testing options. Note that it need not be a PCR test.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks both. The hours / day thing shouldn’t actually be an issue as I’ll be gone for less than 48hrs anyway but good to know.

The key thing was if a test from the US was OK - obviously it’s seems a bit counterproductive but will be much easier for me to organize than trying to get one in country.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
September trip; London for 3 days - got 2 shots back in March, we will get tested the day before departure, I assume I will have to book the 2/8 test?
On day 4 taking the train to Bruges - do I just throw day 8 test away?
Day 9 flying home from Amsterdam - will I need to get tested at the airport that morning or maybe somewhere in town the day before departure?
I assume AA will have instructions when I print our boarding passes.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: HertzPresCircle, Virgin Atlantic Gold,Hil-Diam, Europcar Elite Vip, Emirates Gold, MarriottTitanium.
Originally Posted by kmandrew
September trip; London for 3 days - got 2 shots back in March, we will get tested the day before departure, I assume I will have to book the 2/8 test?
Day 9 flying home from Amsterdam - will I need to get tested at the airport that morning or maybe somewhere in town the day before departure?
All the information is available online. All the information can also change 23 times before september.
(and No AA isn't going to hold your hand and they expect you to do your own research!).
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Not a travel restriction but La La land aka LA County has just re-implemented mandatory mask restrictions indoors. I would skip CA for now if you are opposed to such requirements because they tend to play copycat across the state.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by kmandrew
You know that currently you would have to spend those 3 days in London in your hotel room isolating? Unless you have to be in London for some reason you would be better flying straight to Bruges.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Not a travel restriction but La La land aka LA County has just re-implemented mandatory mask restrictions indoors. I would skip CA for now if you are opposed to such requirements because they tend to play copycat across the state.
I am going to LA early next week for work, i will report how are things on the ground
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.