Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
I can totally see the blue star thing getting popular throughout Asia and Africa because the regimes there tend to be more authoritarian. Likely NZ/AU also.

And then if your device pings, you're marked as a leper and forcibly taken away by roaming covid security forces to some unknown location.
O Brave New World, that has such people in it.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Germany: here is the latest update of high risk area from RKI. Those are added to the list:Bulgarien: Rasgrad, Sofia Stadt und Sliven

Estland: Jogeva

Irland: entire country

Italien: Aostatal, Umbrien, Lombardei, Piemont, Toskana, Venetien, Latium, Abrruzzen, Friaul-Julisch Venetien, Emilia-Romagna, Sardinien und die autonome Provinz Bozen

Kroatien: Karlovac, Osijek-Baranja, Zagreb, Varaždin und Bjelovar-Bilogora

Liechtenstein: entire country

Österreich: Salzburg, Oberösterreich, Niederösterreich, Burgenland und Steiermark

Polen: entire country

Schweden: Jönköping und Östergötland

Schweiz: entire country

Slowenien: Posavska und Goriška

Ungarn: Heves, Zala und Somogy

UK: entire countries plus Gibraltar, Guernesey and IOM

Removed from the list

Canary island in Spain ans Region Ida-Viru in Estland
Thanks for this.

I am due to fly London-Hamburg tomorrow, arriving 16.45. I have been in London only, and not any other area of the UK - am I correct to understand that I will not need to test/quarantine on arrival as the new measures are effective from midnight tomorrow, after I arrive?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Slovakia goes into (the first) full-blown lockdown this weekend. Leaving home will generally be forbidden, with some exception such as shopping, using essential services, commuting to work, going to the nature etc. List of exceptions is shorter in regions that were hit the most. One rather unusual exception is that lockdown will not apply between 1:00 and 5:00 in the morning.

It seems that lockdown will not apply to people who recently tested negative. Furthermore, after 1st November, the exceptions mentioned above will only apply to people who participated in the nationwide testing (on 31st October and 1st November), people who choose to not get tested will not be able to leave home for any reason except in an emergency.

While entry restrictions technically don't change, new rules make travel practically impossible.

What I find interesting is that the government now claims that Slovakia has the same development as Czechia, just delayed by two weeks, despite completely different approaches during the summer. CZ had no restrictions at all, while SK had very strict rules in place, which seemingly didn't make a lot of difference.

Last edited by the810; Oct 22, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Germany: here is the latest update of high risk area from RKI. ...
Schweiz: entire country
Luckily for me, Baden-Württemberg allows us dirty Swiss (and nearby French) residents in for 24 hours, so we can still hit the shops and restaurants.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by The_Editor
Thanks for this.

I am due to fly London-Hamburg tomorrow, arriving 16.45. I have been in London only, and not any other area of the UK - am I correct to understand that I will not need to test/quarantine on arrival as the new measures are effective from midnight tomorrow, after I arrive?

Thanks!
My understanding is the same as yours. So much so that at 1702 this afternoon I booked onto a BA flight LHR-TXL tomorrow using Avios, back on Sunday on easyJet from Hamburg, for a final weekend with our European friends before that's no longer possible. The German restriction on arrivals from London and the South East only kicks in at 2300.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by the810

It seems that lockdown will not apply to people who recently tested negative. Furthermore, after 1st November, the exceptions mentioned above will only apply to people who participated in the nationwide testing (on 31st October and 1st November), people who choose to not get tested will not be able to leave home for any reason except in an emergency.
So, Slovakia is the first country to imprison people for refusing to be tested. People said it would happen and nobody listened. Incredibly unconscionable conduct from the Slovak government.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
My understanding is the same as yours. So much so that at 1702 this afternoon I booked onto a BA flight LHR-TXL tomorrow using Avios, back on Sunday on easyJet from Hamburg, for a final weekend with our European friends before that's no longer possible. The German restriction on arrivals from London and the South East only kicks in at 2300.
Thank you for confirming, this reassurance was much needed! Enjoy your weekend!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
So, Slovakia is the first country to imprison people for refusing to be tested. People said it would happen and nobody listened. Incredibly unconscionable conduct from the Slovak government.
Oh, stop it with the exaggerated dramatics. Being required to stay at home for refusing to be tested is not imprisonment: it is a perfectly reasonable public health response to a serious pandemic.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Misco60
Oh, stop it with the exaggerated dramatics. Being required to stay at home for refusing to be tested is not imprisonment: it is a perfectly reasonable public health response to a serious pandemic.
Being unable to even buy food supplies is reasonable?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 7:45 am

According to HS article (in Finnish), Finnish goverment is planning to relax the entry restrictions a bit. Quite understandable since at the moment no European country fulfills the current criteria (max. 25 cases/100000 population in last two weeks) for unrestricted entry to Finland. The new criteria is likely going to be having similar or better pandemic situation when compared to the situation in Finland, although I guess even that list is going to be quite short since currently the only countries in Europe with better statistics than Finland are Serbia, Estonia and Norway.
And those coming from the "risk countries" will be required to have a recent negative Covid-19 test.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by The_Editor
Thank you for confirming, this reassurance was much needed! Enjoy your weekend!
I can now also confirm after a very pleasant flight on the BA992 earlier that I was able to enter Germany with no questions asked, and indeed a "welcome" from the passport control officer. Lots of people around TXL taking photos... only a few weeks until it closes for good!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Hezu
And those coming from the "risk countries" will be required to have a recent negative Covid-19 test.
Will the be in addition to the quarantine requirement or on top of it? If it became possible to enter Finland with a negative Covid test, without further restrictions, that would be a massive improvement.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by yvrcnx
Is it a requirement to fill in forms online before returning to Canada, outlining where one stays, gets food, has a separate space where selfisolation is possible etc. or is it done by filling out a form on the flight to Canada?
Just wondering as we will be returning sometimes in mid November to Canada from Europe.
I don't know all the possible options, but you can use the ArriveCan app and satisfy those requirements, so that's what I'd suggest to do.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 12:39 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Slovakia goes into (the first) full-blown lockdown this weekend. Leaving home will generally be forbidden, with some exception such as shopping, using essential services, commuting to work, going to the nature etc. List of exceptions is shorter in regions that were hit the most. One rather unusual exception is that lockdown will not apply between 1:00 and 5:00 in the morning.

While entry restrictions technically don't change, new rules make travel practically impossible.

What I find interesting is that the government now claims that Slovakia has the same development as Czechia, just delayed by two weeks, despite completely different approaches during the summer. CZ had no restrictions at all, while SK had very strict rules in place, which seemingly didn't make a lot of difference.
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Being unable to even buy food supplies is reasonable?
The two of you are misinformed or lying, the text is very clear you will be able to leave the buy food without a test after the 1st November.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 23, 2020 at 2:05 pm Reason: reduce image font size
Old Oct 27, 2020, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
According to some rumors CH will update their quarantine on arrival tomorrow in the following way:

Incidence of CH (currently 693.4) + 60.

Currently the threshold is 60/100k.

If this happens, many Europeans won‘t need to quarantine on arrival to Switzerland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.