Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Old Mar 12, 2020, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mfgr
India just slapped a big ban in place covering a lot of European countries

https://boi.gov.in/content/advisory-...ted-covid-19-0
Was interested in this, but the link said, "The specified URL can not be found"!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
New Zealand update:

Just been a press conference and restrictions stay in place as they are currently.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Originally Posted by fjord
Argentina just announced:

Linky
What if you haven't been in one of those countries for a month? it's all a bit vague
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Ooops, yes, I was referring to Vietnam, I hadn't realised that a key part of my sentence was missing! However this change had been officially confirmed two days earlier, so really should have been included in the IATA list yesterday morning. I did notice that it had been updated on the IATA site later yesterday.

Having looked through the updated IATA list of country-by-country restrictions just now, it's a lot longer than it was yesterday, and certainly contains all the information I have heard about elsewhere.

I was due to be going to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, India and China next month. It doesn't look like much of that is going to happen!
As usual, details matter. Regarding Vietnam, it's actually the visa exemption that was cancelled (normally available to holders of passports from some European countries, allowing entry for 15 days with just a stamp). You can still get an e-visa or a visa on arrival as long as you don't fall under any of the other restrictions. You could absolutely do your trip, I've been to the first three countries in the last few weeks and (future events permitting) will be making a business trip to China next month.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:38 pm

Does the UK have any entry restrictions? It doesn't appear in the IATA list.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:06 pm

Programs: BA, SQ

COVID-19: Singapore widens travel restrictions to Italy, France, Spain, Germany

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...spain-12534476
Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:52 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Re:Singapore, would be interested if airside transfer through these 4 EU countries counts as "recent travel".
Specific example: Scheduled to fly KBP-FRA-ZRH-SIN (same day). No presence in the 4 countries otherwise in last 2 weeks.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:46 am

I am also waiting for specific guidance on transit passengers who remain airside and don't pass through passport/immigration control, albeit for the US. It seems as if the powers that be have forgotten about them.

They have also forgotten about TP/mileage runners but some might say it would be crass to think about them at moments like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey guys,

Oman... I travel there on holiday for a week starting 25th April.

I guess it’s pretty much cancelled.

I have a hotel that is a non-refundable booking. What should I expect... full refund or?

I have insurance through the Amex Platinum

Note: UK resident
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Hey guys,

Oman... I travel there on holiday for a week starting 25th April.

I guess it’s pretty much cancelled.

I have a hotel that is a non-refundable booking. What should I expect... full refund or?

I have insurance through the Amex Platinum

Note: UK resident
Unless the UK advises against travel to Oman, no insurance will cover it.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by bobbytables
As usual, details matter. Regarding Vietnam, it's actually the visa exemption that was cancelled (normally available to holders of passports from some European countries, allowing entry for 15 days with just a stamp). You can still get an e-visa or a visa on arrival as long as you don't fall under any of the other restrictions. You could absolutely do your trip, I've been to the first three countries in the last few weeks and (future events permitting) will be making a business trip to China next month.
In theory yes, but Vietnam is no longer processing or issuing visas for UK residents/citizens
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:35 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Unless the UK advises against travel to Oman, no insurance will cover it.
Thanks,

What if Oman cancels all Tourist Visas?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
Thanks,

What if Oman cancels all Tourist Visas?
Still no. Literally nothing will work for insurance unless the FCO advises against travel to that country.

Sadly I am in the same boat for a whole lot of trips this year.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by bobbytables
As far as I am aware no country has closed their borders. I suppose they meant to write "implemented some travel restrictions".
Israel, India, Norway, Denmark, French Polynesia, Italy
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
The Czech Republic has banned foreigners from entering the country and all Czechs from leaving, from midnight on Sunday.
This is something really new...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.