Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Best lounge in South America? Copa club@T2 PTY PANAMA CITY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

very new very nice designed.

Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
If we totally omit the the 'food' offerings.. then yes
Overall for SA I still prefer the Star Alliance lounge in EZE
sermasri likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
The new LATAM lounge in SCL is definitely up there... I found it to be one of the best I've visited in some time.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1 Million Miles, Hilton Diamond, AMEX Platinum, AA Citi Exec, Hilton Aspire, Bilt
The Copa Club isn't even close to being the best lounge in South America. First of all PTY is in Central America, not South America. The AMEX lounges in EZE and GRU are much better in that they offer full on legit food and hard liquor/ wine options. The Admirals Club at EZE is also offers legit food and wine/hard liquor options and is better.
wuzziduzziman and fifty_two like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
It took 10 days for someone to comment on the fact that Panama isn't in South America?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Here we go..
YadiMolina and fifty_two like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by sullim4
The new LATAM lounge in SCL is definitely up there... I found it to be one of the best I've visited in some time.
I felt like I was in Asia while enjoying the Latam lounge in SCL. Copa PTY would get my vote for best in Central America, though I do like the private immigration and security of the executive lounge in MGA.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
For an ULCC, even AV has a better lounge in BOG.
Old May 6, 2023, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
Originally Posted by exjock4foodie

very new very nice designed.

The food options in this lounge are really unfortunate. You will basically starve. And they don't allow outside food into the lounge? I found this rule weird, as baby formula, kids snacks, etc.; can all be considered outside food.
sermasri likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 7:12 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
I have been in this lounge 3 times in the last month, it is always crowded with noisy group of people, the catering is very poor, some power/USB sockets do not work (and definitely not compliant with international standards) and I even found a shower drain totally wrecked.
A pity for the brand new terminal 2.

Obvisously if you compare it with Copa Lounge @T1 it is luxurious
Old May 13, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Yolow
I have been in this lounge 3 times in the last month, it is always crowded with noisy group of people, the catering is very poor, some power/USB sockets do not work (and definitely not compliant with international standards) and I even found a shower drain totally wrecked.
A pity for the brand new terminal 2.

Obvisously if you compare it with Copa Lounge @T1 it is luxurious
Yep. Was very crowded and lots of people having noisy phone conversations on speaker. T1 is far less crowded, and food is the same.
Old May 21, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Teasip82
Yep. Was very crowded and lots of people having noisy phone conversations on speaker. T1 is far less crowded, and food is the same.
Is true, a lot of people in the lounge. I went in and see more people use Priority Pass or similar to get access. Normal this line to enter is too long.

I don’t understand why, for use priority pass or similar is better use the other two lounge option located this airport.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 2:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Agree... I could not believe when I saw the 'food' options... Pathetic. The lounge is nice and modern but there is nothing that says 'I am a primary lounge of a Panama-based airline' (apart a few Panama hats).

It might be that soon CM will have to improve food options - looks like Sky Team is opening its own lounge at T2 (or at least this is what the banners say). As they only have like 4 flights a day from PTY - AF/KL/UX/DL, I guess this will predominantly be a Priority Pass lounge. If they offer better food at the Sky Team lounge, CM would lose a lot of its PP revenue, so might be forced to improve offering... Time will tell...
sermasri likes this.

Last edited by TPJ; Oct 28, 2023 at 5:00 am
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
I guess we all have our opinions based on personal experiences, but I am quite surprised someone would even suggest this to be best in South America. Not sure what basis. Even with the new Presidential section, which is not much special, food serving SUCKS!!!! Seems to have a large crowd, and the customer service there is just meh....

Oh well. Different strokes for different folks.
sermasri and TPJ like this.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Food is definitely (still) subpar at the CM lounges.

I agree that LA at SCL probably top notch, but also LA at BOG is nice. AV at BOG is still better than CM. Arguably, the Quiport lounge at UIO is quite nice for a third party lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.