Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa -> United Rebooking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Copa -> United Rebooking?

I'm hoping that what is a confusing set of questions for me will be routine for someone else here! I had booked SFO-PTY-LIM-PTY-SFO on Copa via the Chase UR portal, and crediting miles to my United account. Copa just rescheduled one of the return flights so that the connection time in PTY would be negative 4 minutes (brilliant, I know). The only other flight they have on Copa metal for my departure day is super early in the morning, so I've been on hold trying to get them to rebook me on United metal later in the day instead. An hour later no final answer, but it seems like they might. Has anyone else had this happen before? If they say no, should I call back and get another agent to say yes or is it policy that they won't no matter what?

Part 2: assuming that they rebook me on United, how would those miles be credited? My flight is on Copa ticket stock, and there's no codeshare with this United flight, so I have no clue what would happen? (I may need to post this in the UA forum.) Any advice is appreciated!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Ok the ticket was confirmed! I'm leaving this up here in case anyone finds it helpful in the future to know that Copa WILL book you on United if they can't accomodate you on their own metal.

Now if anybody knows about the miles........?
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by atm999
Ok the ticket was confirmed! I'm leaving this up here in case anyone finds it helpful in the future to know that Copa WILL book you on United if they can't accomodate you on their own metal.

Super useful data point! long time flyer with CM an UA here, and reading your first post I would have intuitively answered that I doubt that is possible.
It's great you solved it!

For the miles question, i'm guessing we will be learning from your data point too, as I really have no clue how it will be handled in this particular case.

Last edited by Venezuela-Miami; Apr 16, 2022 at 10:21 am
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by atm999

To credit flights on United the flights have to be operated by a United partner. Codeshare does not matter. As long as the Mileage Plus number is in the booking they will post to United.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA
In normal, unaltered itineraries, CM flights on CM stock reliably credit to UA MileagePlus. However, with a change like this, one should be very leery and I recommend you keep good records, and be prepared to submit a case via UA's flight credit webpage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.