Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Is flying Copa risky for delays/cancellations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I have never flown Copa and I've read some horror stories. I thought I would check with folks here whose opinions I trust more. I apologize in advance for my basic questions but I didn't find much searching the forum.

Copa has a fare that is more than $300 less than competitors like United for a flight from Aruba to Las Vegas. It has a long layover in Panama City and then direct to LAS. Copa only has one flight a day from AUA. Is the difference in price worth it? Am I going to run into problems with cancellations/delays more than another airline? Anything else I should consider?

Thanks very much,
Jennifer
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
You know the value of your own dollar. More than ANY other airline, I would imagine so, but Copa is continually at the top for the best on time performance in Latin America - obviously any individual flights can be affected

I would imagine that if there was a problem with the AUA flights (and so long that it was all on 1 ticket) that you would be taken care of when getting to PTY - may get you a "free" day to spend some time in Panama to visit the city or the canal etc
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
You know the value of your own dollar. More than ANY other airline, I would imagine so, but Copa is continually at the top for the best on time performance in Latin America - obviously any individual flights can be affected

I would imagine that if there was a problem with the AUA flights (and so long that it was all on 1 ticket) that you would be taken care of when getting to PTY - may get you a "free" day to spend some time in Panama to visit the city or the canal etc
Yes, it's all on one ticket. Copa flies nonstop from PTY to Las Vegas. I agree that there are worse things than an extra day to visit Panama City. The fares we're talking about is one way for $140 versus $475+. AUA is an expensive place to get to from LAS.
pmarrsouth likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by jennj99738
Yes, it's all on one ticket. Copa flies nonstop from PTY to Las Vegas. I agree that there are worse things than an extra day to visit Panama City. The fares we're talking about is one way for $140 versus $475+. AUA is an expensive place to get to from LAS.
Personally, if it is a leisure travel on my own dime, I'll take the non-direct Copa flight any time.
I've flown Copa for many years and I'm really satisfied.
jennj99738 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.