Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

"We want to reward your loyalty" - (Status Miles excess rolled over)

Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

I received the following email a couple of minutes ago after achieving the 65K required a couple of days back & re-qualifying for Presidential again. I was hoping that something like this would happen, and its massive for myself as I will end the year at about 95K miles:

Originally Posted by Copa Email
We hope you are doing well and in good health. The COVID‑19 pandemic has had a great impact on everyone, extending beyond what was anticipated and causing your travel plans to be significantly affected for much longer. For this reason, and as travel restrictions are being lifted and our operation at Copa Airlines continues to recover, we want to reinforce our commitment to your ConnectMiles loyalty, especially in these challenging times.

With this in mind, we inform you that you have reached your PRESIDENTIAL status during 2021 having met the qualification criteria that we previously adjusted to help you continue advancing in the program. Congratulations! The new status validity will be reflected in the upcoming weeks, we will notify you when your information is updated.

In addition, we are pleased to announce that we will be rolling over any excess qualifying miles earned this year above your current status mileage requirement to your initial qualifying mileage balance for next year.

For example:

Qualifying miles PreferMember PRESIDENTIAL: 65,000
Qualifying miles balance through december 31st, 2021: 66,500*
Qualifying miles balance on January 1st, 2022: 1,500*

Remember that you can continue to accrue qualifying miles until December 31, 2021.

We are very grateful that you have accompanied us during this recovery year of our operations.

We hope this measure of extending excess qualifying miles above your earned status can help you make the most of your upcoming trips with us for the remainder of this year, while allowing you to accelerate your qualification process during 2022 to reach a PreferMember status.

Congratulations again on this achievement and thank you very much for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you on board!
Happy days!
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I received the same email. For my is good news because in this moment I close of get Presidential again but is not clear if is possible in this year.
I will try of requalify for get more upgrade certificates but in case is not possible I can enjoy the extension of my presidential for one year more.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sermasri
I received the same email. For my is good news because in this moment I close of get Presidential again but is not clear if is possible in this year.
I will try of requalify for get more upgrade certificates but in case is not possible I can enjoy the extension of my presidential for one year more.
You have less than 65K status miles this year and you got the same email? This is not an extension email, its about rolling over the excess miles you obtain in 2021
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
You have less than 65K status miles this year and you got the same email? This is not an extension email, its about rolling over the excess miles you obtain in 2021
I have less than 65K and my email says "will be extending your PreferMember status for an additi onal year through February 28, 2023".
additional include rolling over the exceeding qualifying mile
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:10 am
Original Poster

I have less than 65K and my email says "will be extending your PreferMember status for an additi onal year through February 28, 2023".
additional include rolling over the exceeding qualifying mile
Can you post the full email, as its not the same as what I received! Thanks

Also, how many status miles are you currently on? Presumably there would be no excess to rollover, as you have not hit 65K
supervillian likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:00 pm

You have reason the email is different. Here is details of my emails.
Please note that I have Presidential but in this year reach miles for Platinum. }

We hope you are doing well and in good health. The COVID‑19 pandemic has had a great impact on everyone, extending beyond what was anticipated and causing your travel plans to be affected for much longer. For this reason, and as travel restrictions are being lifted and our operation at Copa Airlines continues to recover, we want to reinforce our commitment to you by giving you the opportunity to continue enjoying the benefits of being a PreferMember in ConnectMiles for another year.

With this in mind, we are pleased to announce that, in appreciation for your loyalty to ConnectMiles and for flying Copa Airlines during these challenging times, we will be extending your PreferMember status for an additional year through February 28, 2023. Congratulations! The status extension will be reflected in the upcoming weeks, we will notify you when your information is updated.

Additionally, we inform you that, in the event that you manage to achieve the required qualification criteria of your current status before year end, we will be rolling over the exceeding qualifying miles above the required qualification criteria to your initial 2022 qualifying miles balance.

We remain committed to you, and we deeply appreciate your loyalty during all this time. We hope this measure can bring you greater peace of mind when planning and enjoying your travel with ConnectMiles and Copa Airlines.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: CM Gold / *A Gold
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Can you post the full email, as its not the same as what I received! Thanks

Also, how many status miles are you currently on? Presumably there would be no excess to rollover, as you have not hit 65K
Here is the status extension email I received. I wasn't able to fly enough this year to maintain *G, so this email was a godsend.

Dear supervillian,

We hope you are doing well and in good health. The COVID‑19 pandemic has had a great impact on everyone, extending beyond what was anticipated and causing your travel plans to be affected for much longer. For this reason, and as travel restrictions are being lifted and our operation at Copa Airlines continues to recover, we want to reinforce our commitment to you by giving you the opportunity to continue enjoying the benefits of being a PreferMember in ConnectMiles for another year.

With this in mind, we are pleased to announce that, in appreciation for your loyalty to ConnectMiles and for flying Copa Airlines during these challenging times, we will be extending your PreferMember status for an additional year through February 28, 2023. Congratulations! The status extension will be reflected in the upcoming weeks, we will notify you when your information is updated.

Additionally, we inform you that, in the event that you manage to achieve the required qualification criteria of your current status before year end, we will be rolling over the exceeding qualifying miles above the required qualification criteria to your initial 2022 qualifying miles balance.

We remain committed to you, and we deeply appreciate your loyalty during all this time. We hope this measure can bring you greater peace of mind when planning and enjoying your travel with ConnectMiles and Copa Airlines.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks both. So it looks like all status extended for another year and if you get the same or higher as your current status, then any excess miles will be rolled over

Great promo/generosity by Copa!
supervillian likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I got the same email. I will maintain Platinum status despite having barely qualified for Gold. So very happy with his. However, my 2022 status has still not changed, which should have happened "within a few weeks" as stated in the email from Copa.
Have yours changed....?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Milkman
I got the same email. I will maintain Platinum status despite having barely qualified for Gold. So very happy with his. However, my 2022 status has still not changed, which should have happened "within a few weeks" as stated in the email from Copa.
Have yours changed....?
Well the connectmiles account details seems to be down at the moment, but I just took the validity update to occur during the usual end of Feb timeframe!
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Or by end of Feb 2022, what i should have said was 12th Nov 2021 (its updated now)

They have issued the global and regional upgrade vouchers too
Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:31 am

I received the email today that get extension to Feb 2023. The good news is get new upgrade certificates. For me is good because I have 6 global certificate without planing use that will expire in December 2021.
I hope will burn new six global upgrade certificate in 2022.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

For me is good because I have 6 global certificate without planing use that will expire in December 2021.
No certs should expire in Dec 2021 (unless they were issued to you specially or something). All certs should expire on the last day in Feb
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
Any word on whether Copa will have the same lower threshold to achieve the various elite levels? Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hoangb
Any word on whether Copa will have the same lower threshold to achieve the various elite levels? Thanks
0 notice yet. Obv sweetness if they do, especially with the rollover

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.