Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Business class seats available, but not for booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

for a few months, I’ve been trying to redeem a Copa travel certificate for a business class seat from LAX to PUJ. All business class seats on this route on all dates are unavailable for booking, although they’re available on the connecting flights.

I’ve called Copa several times and they acknowledge that it is a glitch with their booking software but haven’t been able to help further.

Any ideas on how to resolve? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:50 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
What are the dates you are trying to book? What do you mean by "on this route on all dates are unavailable for booking, although they’re available on the connecting flights"? Do you mean that you could book the segments individually but not on the same itinerary?
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

We’re aiming for a July trip, so I’ve checked most dates that month, but I’ve also checked many, many random dates through October. There are 5 itineraries from LAX to PUJ per day, on every date I’ve checked, all indicate that business class seats are “sold out.”

They aren’t sold out. First, there are always business seats available on the seat map. Second, all Copa flights to PUJ connect through PTY and possible to book business class for LAX to PTY, then a separate ticket for PTY to PUJ. I haven’t done this because the connection time is too short and the price is higher for the individual tickets.

I would book another airline but am trying to use certificate before it expires.

So a strange situation... I thought Copa would be interested in resolving it but haven’t been successful with customer service so far.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Ok, so there are no fares filed at all from LAX-PUJ on CM in business class for pretty much any dates (from the ones I checked anyway), which is the issue. I can book an award ticket in J for this route in July, etc - so there is space there (as you indicated as you can book the trips separately)

I have gotten it escalated to the pricing team internally who will hopefully fix this for you. I'll post here if I get word from them that its done
Old Mar 24, 2021, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Wow, thank you so much!! Really appreciate your help with this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Thank you again for your help with this. Did you hear back from Copa by chance? We’ve been still been calling their support numbers without success.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I bought LAX-PUJ but noticed there were no fares PUJ-LAX. I sent an email to my friends at Copa and its been resolved.

Now to hope we get normalized food back on LAX/PTY!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.