Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Advice on being stranded. Am I to blame? [OP delayed one day]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on being stranded. Am I to blame? [OP delayed one day]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Not to be harsh, but sometimes a flight tries to close the boarding gate early due to multiple reasons (upcoming weather, traffic at destination, runway slot congestion etc) and the onus is on the passenger to be at the gate area to hear announcements. It sounds like it was an "on time" departure and therefore you missed the flight. The airline could have told you to buy a new ticket as that was really all they were required to do. Airport monitors are often managed by the airport authority for multiple airlines. It is not the authoritive source of info. It is the Dominican Republic after all.
ewoo likes this.

Last edited by davistev; Mar 19, 2021 at 6:34 pm
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. To me it sounds like the OP forgot that he/she was in Dom. Republic (rather than the US). Move on!
JPG3392 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.