Booking a business class ticket

Old Mar 3, 21, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Booking a business class ticket

There does not appear to be any option to select business class on the search page, and the results are only listing discounted Y tickets (LAX-PTY-AUA). I can easily book J tickets via any OTA for the same itinerary, so there does not appear to be an issue with availability. Is there a trick to getting J tickets to display on search results, or do I need to book elsewhere?
Old Mar 3, 21, 1:08 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by downinit View Post
There does not appear to be any option to select business class on the search page, and the results are only listing discounted Y tickets (LAX-PTY-AUA). I can easily book J tickets via any OTA for the same itinerary, so there does not appear to be an issue with availability. Is there a trick to getting J tickets to display on search results, or do I need to book elsewhere?
No need/way to select on the search page. On the results it will display an economy fare (cheapest) and a business fare (cheapest). Click either of these to get different options for specific fare types

It was working fine as of a few hours ago for me

Post a screenshot of what you see if it still does not appear for you
Old Mar 3, 21, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth View Post
No need/way to select on the search page. On the results it will display an economy fare (cheapest) and a business fare (cheapest). Click either of these to get different options for specific fare types

It was working fine as of a few hours ago for me
I guess I should clarify: I am able to get Y and J fares with a standard flight search, but for the multi-city/stopover searches, only the restrictive Y is showing up. I have tried multiple cities and dates, but the results are always the same. Oddly enough, if an overnight layover is required in PTY, the results show up easily in OTA/google searches, but they do not show up as flight results on the Copa website when searching for a one-way or RT flight (even if the layover is under 24 hours and the shortest possible connection). If I break the layover into two separate legs, I can get the flights to show up, but only in restricted Y. I guess I need to contact the airline directly to make a multi-stop booking in J.
Old Mar 3, 21, 5:01 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Construct it on ITA Matrix and call in to book it, giving the specific fare buckets - if you are looking to get very specific

I have constructed 8 leg flights on google flights and gotten it on copa after clicking the direct link. It was not possible to find these working directly on the Copa site

Just say you were unable to construct it directly on the website if they try to charge you a fee, if that applies to any status you have
Old Mar 14, 21, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
I'm having the exact same problem. Certainly a failure of the website.
Old Mar 15, 21, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I was just coming here to post the same thing. I can find the multi city legs in business on Google flights but when I try to click through to Copa or actually construct them on Copa, it only shows the most restrictive economy fare. What a pain!

ETA: I can click through on CheapO Air, Orbitz, Expedia and get the flights and correct price. It's just a failure of Copa air website.
Old Mar 15, 21, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Originally Posted by sierranevada View Post
I was just coming here to post the same thing. I can find the multi city legs in business on Google flights but when I try to click through to Copa or actually construct them on Copa, it only shows the most restrictive economy fare. What a pain!

ETA: I can click through on CheapO Air, Orbitz, Expedia and get the flights and correct price. It's just a failure of Copa air website.
Yes it's a bummer. It takes away a nice payment option for me to pay over time (Trying to conserve cash as my wife recently retired). And I had a huge problem getting a refund from Cheapo last spring after the virus outbreak. So I'm VERY reluctant to book through them again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: