Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight Rescheduled - Change to United Flight?

Old Jan 14, 21, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying COPA from IAD to VVI in May, with a plane change in PTY. They just notified me of flight time changes that will result in a 9+ hour layover in PTY each way. One potential alternate is a United flight IAD - IAH, and meet up with my buddies (hunting trip) on the IAH - PTY flight, then reverse it coming back. I could easily fly into IAH the day before. Any advice on how to talk COPA into this change? Or suggestions for other alternate flights?

Muchas gracias!
Old Jan 14, 21, 12:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Your ticket number starts with 230?

your current routing is IAD-PTY-VVI r/t?

what is the full routing that you want to change it to?
Old Jan 14, 21, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. Anything more than 30 days out is purely notional. So, you should expect multiple further changes (and perhaps even cancellations) between now and May. You might consider doing nothing until April and then working from the schedule as it is then and thereby avoiding going through this several more times.

2. If you dow ant to throw in with UA now (bearing in mind that may change too), what would a new UA ticket cost? You are entitled to a full refund because of the 9-hour change, so that may be more clean cut and might even save you some money.
Old Jan 15, 21, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth View Post
Your ticket number starts with 230?

your current routing is IAD-PTY-VVI r/t?

what is the full routing that you want to change it to?
Yes and yes. Was going to go down to IAH the afternoon before, and then leave on the UA flight down to PTY the next morning. But I like Often1's idea to wait a while. Who knows where the schedules will end up.

Thanks all!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: