Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Refund Success - Patience Required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA, B6

I purchased a business class RT ticket for JFK/PTY/LIM in December for travel in October 2020. Copa cancelled our flights in May and I applied online for a refund. Didn't get a confirming e-mail (and of course I forgot to get a screen shot) and sort of wondered if I would ever hear anything. My plan was to call once Copa opened operations again. Fast forward 8 weeks, Copa sent an e-mail confirming a full refund to the CC of record, warning it will probably take 2 billing cycles.
I haven't been able to access my records on the Copa website. I had booked the ticked through Expedia, who shows only that the reservation is fully cancelled. Via Expedia chat I was able to secure a Copa cancellation number. So with fingers crossed in another 8 weeks I'll have the money back.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
sorry, did you get your money back or not?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by neamb
I purchased a business class RT ticket for JFK/PTY/LIM in December for travel in October 2020. Copa cancelled our flights in May and I applied online for a refund. Didn't get a confirming e-mail (and of course I forgot to get a screen shot) and sort of wondered if I would ever hear anything. My plan was to call once Copa opened operations again. Fast forward 8 weeks, Copa sent an e-mail confirming a full refund to the CC of record, warning it will probably take 2 billing cycles.
I haven't been able to access my records on the Copa website. I had booked the ticked through Expedia, who shows only that the reservation is fully cancelled. Via Expedia chat I was able to secure a Copa cancellation number. So with fingers crossed in another 8 weeks I'll have the money back.
Title is a little misleading as I wouldn’t call it a refund success until the money was actually refunded onto my CC.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, UA Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec
Hang in there. I just received a full refund for a RT J fare LAX-PTY-BOG scheduled for October. Purchased in February, canceled by Copa in May, received an email that my refund would process two weeks ago, and it just hit my account on Monday. Pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went, as I assumed I’d have to contact them again. Give it a week or two.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
My datapoint.

Two Business Class tickets for May travel, cancelled in 20APR and refunded 14JUN (appeared on credit card 17JUN) with an email confirmation of same.
One Economy Class ticket for March travel, cancelled 25MAR and accepted voucher with bonus.

Overall, CM has been one of the easiest airlines to deal with during these challenging times.

Kudos.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA, B6
Yes, refunded deposited 3 days after e-mail was received.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent experiences with Copa refunds? I had a JFL-SCL ticket for late January that I booked on a cheapo fare about 6 months ago using Chase points. My flight recently got cancelled and, given the uncertain situation for the next couple of months, a refund seems like the best idea. Chase told me to fill out Copa's online refund form, which I did today. I so far haven't received an email confirmation of my request. Do they send these? And is Copa good on issuing refunds? I've generally had success getting refunds on cancelled flights, but I do have one ticket on Air Canada that they refuse to refund (you can read about this common problem in the AC forum). So I'm hoping for no drama with Copa on this. Are my hopes reasonable?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.