Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Copa/ConnectMiles Status Extended (Covid) - 1 Additional Year

Old Apr 9, 20, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*

Just received this email. Presumably we will also get all the Global & Regional certs too:

Originally Posted by ConnectMiles (Email)
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your loyalty to Copa Airlines. As a PreferMember, your continued support even during these difficult times is a source of strength and encouragement to us. We continue to hold the safety of our passengers as our priority, even as our flight operations are currently suspended. So, we strongly endorse following the measures and recommendations of national and international authorities and staying at home if you can, to ensure the health of you and your family.

We realize your life has been disrupted and many of your travel plans have been put on hold. The current environment has created uncertainty and we want to assure you that your PreferProgram status will not be impacted.

To this end, we want to share that your current 2020 PreferMember status will be automatically extended for an additional year through February 28, 2022; once you are ready to start traveling again you can continue to enjoy all the benefits of your status.

We can assure you that we will do everything we can to honor the trust you have placed in us. Look for us to communicate additional adjustments to the PreferProgram based on the evolving travel environment.

We remain committed to you.
Sincerely,
Pedro Heilbron
Executive President and CEO, Copa Airlines

I personally would hit Presidential again regardless, if travel is opened up by Sept (hopefully we are good by June), but it’s good to see Copa following other airlines with this
Milkman and supervillian like this.
Old Apr 11, 20, 12:06 am

Thanks for this.

I'm currently silver for 2020 and have 6 segments completed for this year towards my qualification for 2021. If I fly the remaining 14 segments, would that now bump me up to gold? Based on how I intercepted the announcement, it would seem that way.

Under normal circumstances, I would do 20 segments to re-qualify for silver and then an additional 20 segments for gold.

Also saw this on connectmiles:

Additional Information for PreferMembers

• If you do not qualify for a higher status, your current status will be extended through the 2021 program year (until February 28th, 2022).
  • Silver status earned through a co-brand credit card will continue as long as the member continues to hold the credit card, subject to other applicable terms and conditions.
  • All program Terms and Conditions apply.
Old Apr 11, 20, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I do not think that you get boosted 1 extra level. You still need to earn additional levels as normal - maybe they will come out with something like UA, where its easier to get higher status with 1/2 the normal requirements:

Originally Posted by Copaair.com
Additional adjustments to the PreferProgram will be made as the travel environment evolves with the goal of making Copa and ConnectMiles the best choice for all of our PreferMembers.
But at the moment, its earn higher as normal imo
Old Apr 11, 20, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth View Post
I do not think that you get boosted 1 extra level. You still need to earn additional levels as normal - maybe they will come out with something like UA, where its easier to get higher status with 1/2 the normal requirements:

But at the moment, its earn higher as normal imo
Hopefully they go back to crediting 1=1 segments with economy promo fare codes. The whole 0.5 segment credits for 2020 was disappointing since I fly with Avianca and Copa frequently.
Old Apr 14, 20, 2:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
What about our segments/miles already accumulated in 2020? Will they be carried into 2021..? Or will everything be zeroed by 01.01.2021? I don't think I have seen any communication on this, and it may even be premature to discuss at this point.
supervillian likes this.
Old Apr 14, 20, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
What about our segments/miles already accumulated in 2020? Will they be carried into 2021..? Or will everything be zeroed by 01.01.2021? I don't think I have seen any communication on this, and it may even be premature to discuss at this point.
I guess everything will reset as normal, would be delighted if they didn't though
Old Apr 16, 20, 9:09 am

Check your profile, looks like they updated the expiry dates to 2022 this morning (see link for screen)

Connectmiles Extentsion

I REALLY want to find out if it will reset or not.
Old May 19, 20, 8:51 am
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
No news about expiring miles though? I have a few expiring at the end of May, I guess I might just donate them otherwise...
supervillian likes this.
Old May 21, 20, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by andreadbc View Post
No news about expiring miles though? I have a few expiring at the end of May, I guess I might just donate them otherwise...

Hello friend - lol.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: