FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copa | ConnectMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/)
-   -   Any chance Tocumen gets closed??? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles/2012911-any-chance-tocumen-gets-closed.html)

copaflyer Mar 14, 20 12:35 pm

Any chance Tocumen gets closed???
 
Is there any chance Tocumen closes completely? Not sure if all the planes could fit there but Rio Hato must have space for a few. That investment could actually pay off if so.

I do not see it closing but possibly more destinations being stopped for awhile. Supplies are still needed as well as some people still need to travel for work. Possibly urgent medical care etc.

YadiMolina Mar 14, 20 10:04 pm

Are you projecting some sort of COVID response? Panama's outbreak will have to get a lot worse to get to that point. I guess air travel is somewhat self-correcting. People get scared of flying, airlines cut flights, not as many risk vectors passing through Tocumen. Or really, Panama could just stop letting visitors in, and permit as much connecting traffic through PTY as Copa can handle. They did ban flights from Europe though.

I was in PTY today, all business as usual. Only about 1 in 10 or 5 passengers wearing masks. I saw a lot of janitor types wearing masks, but virtually no customer-facing retail personnel.

YadiMolina Mar 15, 20 8:51 pm

Well, the President of Panama ordered the prohibition of all foreign visitors to Panama, and all returning Panamanians and residents have an obligatory 14 day self-isolation. So I guess connections can still happen at PTY?

Yolow Mar 18, 20 1:45 pm


Originally Posted by YadiMolina (Post 32191411)
Well, the President of Panama ordered the prohibition of all foreign visitors to Panama, and all returning Panamanians and residents have an obligatory 14 day self-isolation. So I guess connections can still happen at PTY?

Interested in any news, as I am about to cancel my next month flight with connection at PTY.

YadiMolina Mar 18, 20 2:08 pm

Copa has cut 80% of its flights. Several countries in the region are closing their borders to foreigners. I think other factors are going to make your decision for you.

But I haven't seen any information that authorities are contemplating closing the airport.

drvannostren Mar 19, 20 6:59 am

Anyone had any luck getting a call in lately? I love that they set up a quick refund system on the website, but naturally, my booking doesn't apply...the 4-5 flights I've cancelled over multiple airlines, all have required calls. It's getting rather old. Last time I called copa I waited and waited on hold, to no avail.

Yolow Mar 19, 20 8:31 am


Originally Posted by drvannostren (Post 32206249)
Anyone had any luck getting a call in lately? I love that they set up a quick refund system on the website, but naturally, my booking doesn't apply...the 4-5 flights I've cancelled over multiple airlines, all have required calls. It's getting rather old. Last time I called copa I waited and waited on hold, to no avail.

Are you talking about a total refund or a credit for future ticket bought with Copa ?
For now Copa only provides this latter

​​​​​​​
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7ce6c47bb7.png

YadiMolina Mar 19, 20 4:11 pm

100% Chance
 
Well, it did happen. Tocumen to close for all departing and arriving flights on Sunday night.

worldwidedreamer Mar 20, 20 12:44 am


Originally Posted by YadiMolina (Post 32208407)
Well, it did happen. Tocumen to close for all departing and arriving flights on Sunday night.

Wow!

drvannostren Mar 20, 20 1:16 am


Originally Posted by Yolow (Post 32206573)
Are you talking about a total refund or a credit for future ticket bought with Copa ?
For now Copa only provides this latter


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7ce6c47bb7.png

​​​​​​​I presume I can't do it online as it's an award. I don't even care if I have to use it by Dec 31, but I have this booking for the first week of May and it's just not gonna happen.

pmarrsouth Mar 20, 20 2:43 am

Copa suspending operations until 21st April 2020 according to the email I just got from them

Yolow Mar 20, 20 9:05 am

Received the email too, ticket refund not available but credit granted until December, 31st, 2021.

I am talking with their customer service. Worst experience ever...

bamin Mar 20, 20 11:46 am


Originally Posted by Yolow (Post 32206573)
Are you talking about a total refund or a credit for future ticket bought with Copa ?
For now Copa only provides this latter


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7ce6c47bb7.png

Now since they cancelled flights should we not get a refund? I am getting a busy signal since mornig trying to call. Thinking of doing a credit card chargeback if they don;t pick up.

drvannostren Mar 21, 20 5:29 am

I saw on their site today (Friday) it said they're trying to deal with customers traveling on or before Sunday and if you're not to call back Monday. I'll probably kill some time at work this week and work on that since I ain't gonna be doin too much else.

yuel Mar 21, 20 9:33 pm

anyone have luck getting a refund instead of a voucher? not sure if its worth calling, might just do a credit card dispute


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:38 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.