Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

News from Senor Pedro: NUEVO CLUB COPA

Old Jan 26, 20, 7:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AV, AA, BA, CM, UA, Hertz, Marriott, Hilton

No not about the 737MAX. Buut in the Copa magazine for Jan 20 he tells us that ground handling operations will either be moved or perhaps augmented to PTY T2 the new white elephant terminal in this year.

Also he tells us there will be a NUEVO CLUB COPA! Of 21.500 square pies. It is not clear from his note if this nuevo clubo will augment the classic T1 Clubo or replace it. We who use CM know this old facility very well and it is possibly the most consistent overcrowded major Star lounge in the world (anyway after the TK move from old IST to new IST).
Old Jan 26, 20, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Maybe leave the Priority Pass and other non Copa J passengers in terminal 1 and allow only Copa elite and premium traffic in Terminal 2, and I guess by contract Star Alliance meeting the same conditions.

They were refusing admittance to all "pass" holders on Thursday afternoon though, not that it helped.
Old Jan 27, 20, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
There's no way they're going to build a 21,500 s.f. space just for elites.
Old Jan 28, 20, 5:12 am

Programs: UA Plat, CM nada
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
There's no way they're going to build a 21,500 s.f. space just for elites.
For comparison, the existing club at PTY is listed as 1,300 m, or 14,000 ft. So neither can I imagine them adding a 21,000 s.f. club in Terminal 2.
Old Jan 29, 20, 7:14 pm

I cruised through the new terminal this morning. I observed that there are now Copa Club banners hanging from essentially the entire upper level. After checking that out and considering the expanse of the current Club in Terminal 1, I'm starting to consider that it's in the realm of possibility that the new club will be 21,000 ft.

Brandinho1 and ReinaDeLaSelva like this.
Old Jan 30, 20, 11:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Si bueno! Gracias por las nuevas imagenes. Senor Pedro is not a CEO who exaggerates his plans. He is measured and usually accurate. I like this style. The clubo is BIG which we must agree that we all need in PTY but I do not think it is going to be similar to the TK lounges at new IST. I can dream of cook-to-order comida Panama!
Old Jan 30, 20, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YadiMolina View Post
I cruised through the new terminal this morning. I observed that there are now Copa Club banners hanging from essentially the entire upper level. After checking that out and considering the expanse of the current Club in Terminal 1, I'm starting to consider that it's in the realm of possibility that the new club will be 21,000 ft.
I don't doubt that it will be 21,000 square feet, if that's what Pedro Heilbron said it would be. I do, however, doubt there's any chance the new club will be 21,000 square feet only for elites, as someone else above was hoping/suggesting.
Old Jan 30, 20, 6:51 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by ReinaDeLaSelva View Post
We who use CM know this old facility very well and it is possibly the most consistent overcrowded major Star lounge in the world (anyway after the TK move from old IST to new IST).
You've clearly never flown Ethiopian.

Anyways, this lounge is desperately needed.

I wouldn't fly Copa preferentially now, but they will be viable in upcoming years when they have lie-flats on the MAX, assuming those come back into service, and a proper lounge for transit.
ReinaDeLaSelva likes this.
Old Feb 4, 20, 11:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

lol! It is true I have not yet experienced ET. I will observe their lounge and report back, when I do.
Old May 14, 20, 4:29 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, QR Gold
I hope Copa puts some effort on the T2 lounge... Copa Club is one of the worse lounges I've visited. Having food would be a great improvement!
supervillian likes this.
Old May 14, 20, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AHC96 View Post
I hope Copa puts some effort on the T2 lounge... Copa Club is one of the worse lounges I've visited. Having food would be a great improvement!
One gets tired of the same cheese,crackers,and apples.
supervillian likes this.
Old Aug 6, 20, 7:19 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, QR Gold
Is there any news around the new Copa Club?
Old Aug 7, 20, 4:25 pm

Terminal 2 construction was re-authorized in late July and I recall that it's supposed to be done by the end of the year. But T2 is going to be shuttered anyway until demand returns.
supervillian likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: