Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Arrive SCL 4 hours prior for C class check in?

Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA

I'm flying SCL PTY SFO in C. Copa said I need to arrive 4 hours prior! Don't they have C-class check in lines?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by hapywandr
I'm flying SCL PTY SFO in C. Copa said I need to arrive 4 hours prior! Don't they have C-class check in lines?
Could this be due to the unrest/protests going on in Santiago currently?

They should have C class checkin (which includes access for all CM Prefer members, *G members, business class passengers, etc). Looking at some of the lines that are tweeted in pics at Copa about long checkin lines, it looks like some airports have few CM staff on the desk (maybe as they are at the gate for an earlier departing flight). SCL might also be slow in security and any outgoing immigration due to what’s currently going on

Most airlines recommend that you be at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight. I know many people who cut this in half
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Could this be due to the unrest/protests going on in Santiago currently?

They should have C class checkin (which includes access for all CM Prefer members, *G members, business class passengers, etc). Looking at some of the lines that are tweeted in pics at Copa about long checkin lines, it looks like some airports have few CM staff on the desk (maybe as they are at the gate for an earlier departing flight). SCL might also be slow in security and any outgoing immigration due to what’s currently going on

Most airlines recommend that you be at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight. I know many people who cut this in half
Thanks for responding.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
The last time I flew with Copa from SCL the check-in opened ~3 hours before departure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.