United Club passes when flying Copa

Old Nov 7, 19, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

United Club passes when flying Copa

Flying Copa to Panama City on a red eye soon from DEN. Wife has the United card that gives her 2 United Club passes a year. Can I enter the United Club at DEN the day of travel?

Found below but don't want to show up at the airport 3 hours early to learn we are peasants:

"Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations"

Last edited by inaltlcoat; Nov 7, 19 at 2:12 pm
Old Nov 7, 19, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Since Copa is Star Alliance, why would this raise a concern? You are literally doing exactly what that rule says. I fly Copa in J all the time and use the Air Canada lounge in Toronto and they do not blink an eye. It's a *A flight and the lounge is open for J passengers or in your case, pass holders.

Ideally she levers you as a guest on one of the two passes and she has another to use later. I would doubt, though, if you do hang onto one pass, that Copa will be as receptive in PTY more due to how confusing it might be to them, but a United pass for a United lounge in a United city why are you worried?
Old Nov 7, 19, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
I have no specific experience with DEN, but the way I read the rules for the one-time passes (which I also have via CC), your situation fully complies.

Your complications are whether one-time passes are denied due to overcrowding, the operating hours vs. your red-eye flight, and whether the CM gate is convenient to the United Club. (I see CM departing from A concourse with UA Clubs in B.)
Old Nov 11, 19, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Thank you both.. Will confirm our outcome in 2 weeks..
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:32 pm

Did you use your united passes at the Panama City lounge?? We will be coming from Buenos Aires Jan 24th and stopping in PTY for 3 hours (6:30am - 9:30am) and wonder if it is worth using our United Passes there?
Old Dec 9, 19, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by webbie View Post
Did you use your united passes at the Panama City lounge?? We will be coming from Buenos Aires Jan 24th and stopping in PTY for 3 hours (6:30am - 9:30am) and wonder if it is worth using our United Passes there?
I would say no as that lounge is very basic and in my opinion isnít worth burning a pass but can you even use a united pass at the Copa lounge? Now if you have priority pass then itís a no brainer if you want a place to sit and snacks
Old Dec 10, 19, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brandinho1 View Post
I would say no as that lounge is very basic and in my opinion isnít worth burning a pass but can you even use a united pass at the Copa lounge? Now if you have priority pass then itís a no brainer if you want a place to sit and snacks
I would agree the Copa lounge at PTY was very basic.. Not sure I would burn United Club passes for it..
Old Dec 10, 19, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

I was able to use United Club passes at DEN when flying Copa that evening.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: