Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Changing flights with Schedule change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

Flying from UIO-PTY-ORD with an overnight layover in PTY. Was just informed that my scheduled changed for the UIO-PTY leg to early morning (6 am). My other options are later in the afternoon or evening or even earlier. We’d like to maximize our time in Panama and was hoping to try see if they could just put us on the last flight the night before so we can avoid waking up super early, but the first person I talked to on the phone said that I could only change flights on the same day.

Has anyone else had experience with changing days of your flight when there is a schedule change? I’ve done this before on other airlines, but not sure if Copa is different.

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: OnePass / ASmileageplan / AAdvantage / Amtrak / ChoiceRewards / etc.
Try calling back. Different agent may give different results. The biggest issue flying out of UIO is that flights are either early morning or late night due to the extreme altitude.

Specifically mention that you would like to have a very long layover at PTY to be able to visit a few landmarks and maybe do some shopping. They have had a special policy to allow this in the past. I don't know their current policy.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! Will give it a try.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by live_in_a_suitcase
Try calling back. Different agent may give different results. The biggest issue flying out of UIO is that flights are either early morning or late night due to the extreme altitude.

Specifically mention that you would like to have a very long layover at PTY to be able to visit a few landmarks and maybe do some shopping. They have had a special policy to allow this in the past. I don't know their current policy.
Took a couple different agents, but finally got them to change to the night before! Thanks so much for the help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.