Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance with StarAlliance Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: United. American

Copa policy for baggage allowance changed and now for tickets bought after 1st April 2019 for economy normal fares the second baggage of 23kg cost 40us$

My question is:

If I had a membership card with my name that am StarAlliancegold member from Aegean but I didnt put on my itinerary the number of Aegean (as my star alliance gold its expired, I just have the gold card without any date of expiration) but the connect miles account t that am a regular member
  • Can i show the *A gold card from Aegean and ask the baggage allowance in copa (that for *A gold its 3 baggage of 32kg each one.)? When the system didnt reflect my goldstatus.*? Because am using normal connect miles membership
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That's highly unlikely to work.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA
You're hoping that a CM check-in agent will take a look at your Star Gold card and just automatically give you the baggage allowance with no further investigation.

Given CM's propensity to say NO! to everything unless there's explicit indisputable proof towards the affirmative, I'd say chances are low.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
If Copa's system is anything like Cathay's system they will know in .00001 seconds what your FF tier is with Aegean or any other airline. When you use a partner airline and they print your FF# and tier on the boarding pass, where do you think they got that info?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.