FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copa | ConnectMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/)
-   -   No Business CL Lounge MCO (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles/1974029-no-business-cl-lounge-mco.html)

Lomapaseo Jun 14, 2019 4:05 pm

No Business CL Lounge MCO

I'm trying to book a party of 6 into business from MCO-PTY but can not find any info on available lounges on the COPA web site (strike 1)

I finally got through to their phone line and after 5 mins the agent gave up in finding anything on lounges in MCO. He told me to try another Star alliance carrier (Strike 2)

I told him that the only Star alliance lounge I knew of was UAL in a completely different concourse with no airside connections (strike 3)

I know that some other Star Alliance airlines like LH use contract lounges near their gates, Does anybody have any hints on whether this would also include Copa passengers if we showed up in a Delta lounge near the Copa gate?

pmarrsouth Jun 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Use the United lounge. There is an airside connection. After going through security take the train on the left to the United lounge

Take that train back after your lounge visit and take the other train to the gate

It will take about 10-15 minutes to get from the United lounge to your Copa gate

cmd320 Jun 14, 2019 4:52 pm

The connection to the UA Club is technically airside, there is no need to re-clear security. Just make sure you stay within the sterile area when switching trains.

Lomapaseo Jun 14, 2019 7:24 pm

I must be missing something. I thought the Copa gates were in the term 4 80's gates and the United lounge was in the Term 3 40's gates. On the Term map I don't see a common train shuttle connection except the combinations Terrn 1 gates (1-29) and term 3 gates (30-59) or the common train shuttle entrance between terms 2 gates(100-129) and term 4 gates (70-99). ???

are you suggesting that COPA uses the Term 1 gates (1-29) ?

cmd320 Jun 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo (Post 31204100)
I must be missing something. I thought the Copa gates were in the term 4 80's gates and the United lounge was in the Term 3 40's gates. On the Term map I don't see a common train shuttle connection except the combinations Terrn 1 gates (1-29) and term 3 gates (30-59) or the common train shuttle entrance between terms 2 gates(100-129) and term 4 gates (70-99). ???

are you suggesting that COPA uses the Term 1 gates (1-29) ?

Well, I was under the impression that Copa used the Airside 1 gates 1-29, however now after a brief look over the recent departures it seems to be about a 50/50 split between Airsides 1 and 4. You are correct that you would only be able to stay within security and visit the UA Club if your flight departs from the 1-29 gates. If it leaves from Airside 4 (70-99) then you would have to re-clear.

pmarrsouth Jun 14, 2019 9:36 pm

Copa has been gate 25-28 the last few times I have been there (last time was 10 days ago)

Lomapaseo Jun 15, 2019 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 31204340)
Copa has been gate 25-28 the last few times I have been there (last time was 10 days ago)

Thanks for that, I'll put up with the crap shoot :) and try my luck by the time of my flight. For just myself I'm cool as I can still use the Delta lounge even though I'm not flying them. My other passengers will be on their own