FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copa | ConnectMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/)
-   -   ConnectMiles segments on LH and UA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles/1970150-connectmiles-segments-lh-ua.html)

skyteamelite May 17, 2019 12:34 pm

ConnectMiles segments on LH and UA

Since the 2019 'enhancements' to ConnectMiles, the accrual tables for Star Alliance partners other than Avianca only cover miles, not segments!

I'll be flying Lufthansa and United next month, and I'd like to accrue those segments to Connect Miles rather than LifeMiles, as I've done so far. However, I need to make sure that my fare buckets will accrue segments rather than only miles.

Any idea how I can check that this will be the case? The call centre is useless. They just read the information available on the public website -- they tell me that only Copa and Avianca accrue segments, other Star Alliance partners only accrue miles -- which is simply not true, I've accrued segments on Star Alliance before, including after the changes / 'enhancements'

Any thoughts?

pmarrsouth May 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 31111977)
Any thoughts?

This was also mentioned in some other thread 5-10 months ago (by you):

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 30010215)
Do these changes also include Star Alliance flights no longer accruing elite-qualifying segments on ConnectMiles, but only award miles and elite-qualifying miles? It certainly seems to be the case from the Copa website. The call centre also told me only Copa and Avianca flights accrue segments. (Not that their call center is to be trusted...)
Any info about this?

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 30011194)
I qualify with miles rather than segments, but imo dont bother listening to a ton of stuff that the call centre says. Most of my segments this year have been on Non CM metal (mainly AC, UA and LH). All have registered 1 segment under the qualifying segments section of "My Account". I just dont think that you get extra segments for flying Business/First, like you would if you flew M/B/Y or Business with CM

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 30576291)
That is wrong. Many eco fare buckets only accrue miles, not segments. It matters to me because I qualify with segments (I fly mostly short and medium haul). Also, it is not just "stuff that the call centre says". It is stated on the Connect Miles website.

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 30576357)
I do not believe that anything in the post you quoted was wrong.

Link the info from ConnectMiles website please

This is just 1 page of 5 from "My Activity" this year (I can post the other 4 if wanted too):

[Broken Image]

There are only 2 entries that have 0 listed under segments - one is that promotional survey from Copa and the other is Air Canada giving me 5,000 ConnectMiles for a flight delay compensation

I have flown CM, UA, LH, LX, AC, SN, AV on both PE and Eco fares this year, for a total of 45 segments. Every single one of them gave me 1 segment similar to that shown in the screenshot

What segments did you fly on that gave you 0?

Updated image:

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...6d83c5a9e4.png

All of those flights were flown after August last year, with the top left one being from Feb 2019

Again, I still believe that you get 1 segment per flight on non CM/AV metal

skyteamelite May 17, 2019 8:26 pm

Thanks for reminding me that I'd already brought this up... And thank you so much for sharing the screenshots from your account. That is helpful!

I wonder whether something could be done to get Copa to be more transparent and exhaustive with the information they publish on the Connect Miles website...

pmarrsouth May 17, 2019 8:42 pm

If you call them up and get a good agent then they will take the feedback + hopefully pass it to management

After my tweets and email to them about the confusing pages that they originally had up regarding the MAX9 upgrade policy back in January, they eventually removed it and replaced it with more coherent terms a month or so later

The recent addition of “The operation of Boeing 737 Max9 fleet is temporarily suspended, as is the policy described below.” on a few of the upgrade pages was again due to tweets and a phone call to them asking them to clarify if this was plane or route dependent, as due to the MAX9 grounding it was unclear if upgrades only started at 48 hours still - to confirm, upgrades for Presidential still happen ~120 before currently

On the above, their twitter team took ~7 days to get back to me trying to clarify it internally. And then a couple of days later, the new wording was added. I would obv much rather that they took this time to reply to me and have a correct response, rather than them just linking the page with the [incorrect] information on it

Most agents will just rattle off what it says on their site/policies. Some agents will think outside the box and notice when there might be an issue and will bring it to management to change

skyteamelite May 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Thanks for the insights. I'll try again with the call centre. Might get better luck with a different agent. I'll have a go at Twitter too -- haven't done that yet.

Milkman May 21, 2019 1:23 am

I'm having serious issues getting SK flights accredited to my CM account. I have 7 flights that CM are not acknowledging, despite falling into the fare buckets that qualify for miles/segments.
When our travel agency books SK flights, I also have to tell them NOT to add my CM number, as my *G status for some reason this way is not recognized. I have to leave the FF# open, then log on to SK's website and manually insert the CM number into my reservation. Only then is my CM status recognized (and yet the flights are not credited to CM)