Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Questions re two business class versions of Copa 738?

Questions re two business class versions of Copa 738?

Old Apr 29, 19, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Questions re two business class versions of Copa 738?

I'm considering flying Copa PTY-LAX next year in business class. It seems that there are two version of its 738, with one having considerably more legroom in business class

1. Based on seatguru.com, it seems that the roomier business class versions have four rather than five rows of seats in one of the forward economy sections. The Copa site seat maps for the flights PTY and LAX accordingly seem to indicate they're all the roomier business class versions. Am I interpreting the maps correctly to conclude that these indeed are the roomier ones?
2. Does Copa often switch out the roomier 738s for the less roomy ones?

Thanks for any advice on this.
Old May 4, 19, 1:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Advice:

1. Post in the Copa forum and not here.
2. I have flown the as long or longer YYZ PTY and the J seats are fine. In whatever 737 they use. The bulkheads are quite good.

I think the pod seats are in the NG 737-800 and are on longer routes ex PTY and the Max issue is not helping. I've flown YYZ maybe 50 times and I can't honestly recall how many were NG but some were.

Anyway ask a mod to move this to Copa or read the Copa forum.
Old May 4, 19, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I somehow hadn't noticed that there was a Copa forum. Thanks for the correction and information.

[Moderator addition: Moved to the Copa forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.]

Last edited by Thunderroad; May 4, 19 at 10:15 am Reason: See note above.
Old May 4, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
Your answer is here: Which plane? It touches on which planes have the AVOD system, but the AVOD system = 737-800 version B with better seats and pitch in Clase Ejecutivo. That is mostly used for longer flights, but one never knows, many flyers report swaps.

No "pods" on CM currently. Those are only on the grounded 737 Max, all 6 of which are stoically parked on the new Terminal 2 ramp at PTY.
Old May 4, 19, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, YadiMolina!
Old Jun 23, 19, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, HH-G
Do they operate the B version on yul-pty?
Old Jun 24, 19, 9:01 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Do they operate the B version on yul-pty?
I looked into this before, and it was always the older 800 (no AVOD, older business seats, etc). I just checked a couple of random dates in July and its still like that.

The way you can tell is by checking the seatmap when booking/looking on Copaair.com. If its a 737-800 and there is a row 11 in economy, then its the older model
Old Jun 24, 19, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, HH-G
Thanks.

Search this Thread