Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Z class Different: United Mexico vs Copa Service center

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Attempting to use a United RPU to upgrade on Copa. It has been covered extensively how united.com's displayed value of Z class may be inaccurate. But i do not believe i have read any other experience where Z class was different between United Mexico & Copa.

Specifically, Copa's ConnectMiles Service center repeatedly tells me Z class is available on my flight, but simultaneous calls to United Mexico City's Copa help desk yields the response that Z=0 ; hence, no upgrade is possible.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Last edited by medellinfein; Feb 24, 2019 at 11:44 am
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Try calling United's US number (free from Skype) to see if you get a different answer

What flight & date are you on?

Generally with Copa, Z is very close to D availability. If D = 0, then I believe that Z must = 0

Copa has just introduced an R business class fare. This screwed up their internal systems, as it currently shows me having 0 of Copa's version of RPUs & GPUs. They said that it should be fixed, but I am still waiting for mine to get into my account
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Try calling United's US number (free from Skype) to see if you get a different answer
Many thanks pmarrsouth .They can not see anything so, following their normal script, i am transfered to United Mexico's Copa Help desk to utilize my United RPUs.

What flight & date are you on?
CM 383 this Wednesday, from SFO to PTY
Generally with Copa, Z is very close to D availability. If D = 0, then I believe that Z must = 0
both ExpertFlyer and united.com are showing D=4, and EF is showing no availability in I-class

( Copa's ConnectMiles Service center tells me Z=3 )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.