Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Copa Business Class B737-MAX9

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Cm453 - eze-pty

Bumping this thread with a very recent report. Some of my key takeaways below:

- a very good product for Copa. Makes doing EZE-PTY a breeze
- unfortunately no wifi
- careful with this departure as the meal is served 2 hours before landing on CM453 with the odd 1:33 departure
​​​​​​- friendly crew

YadiMolina and sermasri like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: QF, LM
Can anyone confirm what routes use these planes?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by juddles
Can anyone confirm what routes use these planes?
Open for change or random plane rescheduling, but routes are:

LAX
SFO
EZE
GRU

You will see them on “random” route 1-2x a day to CUN. 1x a day to MIA. Sporadically on other routes such as JFK, SJO, CCS. There are probably a lot more, these are just the ones I have noticed
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
The Copa B737-max 9 are increase the qty of airplane in operation in some random route include domestic route DAV.
I flight in two time in domestic flights.
pmarrsouth and supervillian like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
The Copa B737-max 9 are increase the qty of airplane in operation in some random route include domestic route DAV.I flight in two time in domestic flights.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sermasri
The Copa B737-max 9 are increase the qty of airplane in operation in some random route include domestic route DAV.
Yup, this. Planes cost money when they sit on the ground. Round trip, including turnaround time, to their furtherest destinations is probably 16-18 hours, hence why they fit in a 3-5 hour shift for the plane outside of these times. Same with most other airlines, Aerlingus will fly their wide body planes from DUB-LHR-DUB in between US flights!
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth

LAX
SFO
EZE
GRU

You will see them on “random” route 1-2x a day to CUN. 1x a day to MIA. Sporadically on other routes such as JFK, SJO, CCS. There are probably a lot more, these are just the ones I have noticed
From what I can see they appear to be using the MAX9 on the MVD route as well.
jupper and supervillian like this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:03 pm

They have changed the seat in J

Unsure if all planes are being updated to this or just the newest ones that are being delivered. This was the 9:16pm flight on Sat 26th from LAX-PTY:

Its leather (fake/real) and far hotter than the previous seat. They need to supply some sort of mattress/topper along with the blanket and pillow, as its pretty uncomfortable to sleep on
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
They have changed the seat in J

Unsure if all planes are being updated to this or just the newest ones that are being delivered. This was the 9:16pm flight on Sat 26th from LAX-PTY:

Its leather (fake/real) and far hotter than the previous seat. They need to supply some sort of mattress/topper along with the blanket and pillow, as its pretty uncomfortable to sleep on
Interesting. I saw that stitching on the economy seats on a 737-800 recently on CM
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Still lie-flat right? Do you have to wear the shoulder belt when you sleep or is it for takeoff/landing only and detachable in flight to allow wearing waist belt only?

I am intending to book SFO-PTY soon, so appreciate your update.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Still lie-flat right? Do you have to wear the shoulder belt when you sleep or is it for takeoff/landing only and detachable in flight to allow wearing waist belt only?

I am intending to book SFO-PTY soon, so appreciate your update.
yup, still lie flat!

you only need to wear it on push back to takeoff and then again for landing. It easily detaches
PV_Premier likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by sermasri
Came to this thread to write about this, I saw they were using them to DAV, and the fares were wonderful! (from $49 IIRC). My best guess is they were fine-tuning, testing everything out after the long storage time.
Haven't flown CM Max yet (nor any Max to be honest) I really wanted to jump in! I regret not doing it.

I've only flown to DAV some years ago, same day turnaround, to complete some segment run. It was on a E190, and my seat mate turned to be Pedro Heilbron

Cool to see you you took advantage of the opportunity.
Old May 17, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: LH FTL, AY+ Gold, BAEC Silver, AF FB

LAX
SFO
EZE
GRU

Looking at award flights to South America, it seems that SCL and MVD are also destinations with CM's lie-flat seats. But for SCL it seems to be only one out of the handful of flights that uses the 737MAX9. While for MVD and EZE the majority of flights is flown with the new seats. Is there anyone here who can speak more reliably about the consistency with which CM uses the new machines on these routes and how reliable it is to make such a booking? I know, I know, there is always sudden plane changes possible, but how often does that actually happen in your experience? I hope in the long run CM wants to offer lie-flat consistently on the longest routes, so I'm eying on a late summer/autumn booking, hoping to surely relax in a proper C hard product.
Old May 17, 2022, 4:45 pm

Remember that Copa is continually taking deliveries of the MAX9 planes, so they will continue to build out the longer routes (or at least the ones with the most bought J) with these new arrivals, expanding the cities to which will always* have the MAX on them

*well, apart from sudden changes
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:55 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Is GIG not using this configuration with "Dreams"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.