New Copa Business Class B737-MAX9

Old Dec 4, 18, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by LRMErnst View Post
Also, it looks like generally there are two departures from SFO to PTY - 1:30 AM and 8:50 PM. Any pros or cons to either flight from a service perspective?
Not service-related but one difference to note that may/may not matter to different folks: the 12:30/1:30am flight CM 383 departs Terminal A (unlike the evening CM 209, which departs from G with the rest of Star Alliance). As you probably know, A and G are not connected airside, so it does makes a difference for lounge access, going through security twice. I'll be on CM 383 biz in a couple of weeks; it's a small thing but had I known beforehand, I might have picked the evening flight.
https://www.flysfo.com/content/copa-airlines

Jeff
Old Dec 7, 18, 10:43 am

Programs: United Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Gold
Thanks Jeff, great to know. My understanding is that flying biz on copa SFO-PTY on CM209 will get you access to the Polaris lounge. Is this correct? Also coming from PTY-SFO in biz, will it get you access to the Polaris arrivals lounge? even if i have a domestic connecting flight in Y?
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 18, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
Thanks Jeff, great to know. My understanding is that flying biz on copa SFO-PTY on CM209 will get you access to the Polaris lounge. Is this correct? Also coming from PTY-SFO in biz, will it get you access to the Polaris arrivals lounge? even if i have a domestic connecting flight in Y?
Thanks
Unfortunately, no. (I wish!) SFO-PTY does not fit their long-haul definition for Polaris lounge access (i.e., does not include Central America, northern South America, etc.).
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...es/access.html

Regardless of which flight you choose, you should get regular United Club access. (Sorry if I had muddled the matter; you will get lounge access, just that for the other flight you would have to go through security twice to change terminals if visiting the lounge.)
Old Dec 7, 18, 5:19 pm

Programs: United Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the heads up! So unfortunate, even though the flight from sfo to pty is over 7 hours.
Well i guess i'll try the Polaris lounge some other time...
Old Dec 7, 18, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Silver, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
Thanks for the heads up! So unfortunate, even though the flight from sfo to pty is over 7 hours.
Well i guess i'll try the Polaris lounge some other time...
If you look at their definition it's only pretty deep South America that they include, so even if was farther than PTY but not to one few that qualify, then no luck. It has to be one of only five South American cities. BA, Rio, SP , Santiago and Lima. Top dollar routes.

They are more generous than AA is, by including the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico other than MEX. Makes for crowded clubs at hubs.
Old Today, 4:11 am

Ugh I was totally planning on having access to Polaris when I booked my SFO-PTY-UIO Copa business class flight on December 31. Ruined my day...