FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copa | ConnectMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles-751/)
-   -   Changes (Enhancements) in ConnectMiles FFP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/copa-connectmiles/1894376-changes-enhancements-connectmiles-ffp.html)

Venezuela-Miami Feb 17, 2018 7:34 am

Changes (Enhancements) in ConnectMiles FFP

Today I received an email from ConnectMiles, and I was immediately scared that they were going to apply the so feared 'enhancements'

The Upgrade Certificate policy change is very positive, besides some little typos ;)
The Mileage Accrual point is very bad, I learned from it first here in FlyerTalk
And the Upgrade Rules on Economy promo tickets is worse

We appreciate your loyalty and want to remind you of these program changes. In 2018, the ConnectMiles program is:
  • Expanding Availability for Upgrade Certificates: Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates issued to Platinum and Presidential Platinum PreferMembers is (are) valid in all fare classes on flights operated by Copa Airlines. This change has been effective since January 1st, 2018.
  • Modifying Mileage Accrual: The accrual rate adjusts upon the family fare purchased. This change has been effective since January 1st, 2018.
  • Modifying Baggage Allowance for Silver PreferMembers: The baggage allowance policy for Silver PreferMembers will be updated to allow 2 free checked bags of 50 lbs. (23 kg) each. This change will be effective starting March 1st, 2018.
  • Changing the Complimentary Upgrade Policy: On many flights, Gold, Platinum and Presidential Platinum PreferMembers will have more availability to complimentary upgrades when purchasing last minute tickets. Silver PreferMembers will receive upgrades on the day of departure based on availability. This change will be effective starting March 1st, 2018.
  • Changing Upgrade Rules on Economy Promo: All members regardless of PreferMember status, holding tickets issued in Economy Promo classes will receive complimentary upgrades subject to availability, only on the day of departure. This change will be effective starting March 1st, 2018.
  • Changing the status name of Presidential Platinum: The status name of Presidential Platinum will be changed to Presidential. Starting March 1st, 2018, new 2018 credentials will reflect this updated branding.
https://i.emlfiles4.com/cmpimg/t/s.gif

skyteamelite Jul 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Do these changes also include Star Alliance flights no longer accruing elite-qualifying segments on ConnectMiles, but only award miles and elite-qualifying miles? It certainly seems to be the case from the Copa website. The call centre also told me only Copa and Avianca flights accrue segments. (Not that their call center is to be trusted...)
Any info about this?

pmarrsouth Jul 25, 2018 6:12 am

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 30010215)
Do these changes also include Star Alliance flights no longer accruing elite-qualifying segments on ConnectMiles, but only award miles and elite-qualifying miles? It certainly seems to be the case from the Copa website. The call centre also told me only Copa and Avianca flights accrue segments. (Not that their call center is to be trusted...)
Any info about this?

I qualify with miles rather than segments, but imo dont bother listening to a ton of stuff that the call centre says. Most of my segments this year have been on Non CM metal (mainly AC, UA and LH). All have registered 1 segment under the qualifying segments section of "My Account". I just dont think that you get extra segments for flying Business/First, like you would if you flew M/B/Y or Business with CM

skyteamelite Dec 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth (Post 30011194)
I qualify with miles rather than segments, but imo dont bother listening to a ton of stuff that the call centre says. Most of my segments this year have been on Non CM metal (mainly AC, UA and LH). All have registered 1 segment under the qualifying segments section of "My Account". I just dont think that you get extra segments for flying Business/First, like you would if you flew M/B/Y or Business with CM

That is wrong. Many eco fare buckets only accrue miles, not segments. It matters to me because I qualify with segments (I fly mostly short and medium haul). Also, it is not just "stuff that the call centre says". It is stated on the Connect Miles website.

pmarrsouth Dec 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 30576291)
That is wrong. Many eco fare buckets only accrue miles, not segments. It matters to me because I qualify with segments (I fly mostly short and medium haul). Also, it is not just "stuff that the call centre says". It is stated on the Connect Miles website.

I do not believe that anything in the post you quoted was wrong.

Link the info from ConnectMiles website please

This is just 1 page of 5 from "My Activity" this year (I can post the other 4 if wanted too):

https://i.imgur.com/tZxpHZ9.png

There are only 2 entries that have 0 listed under segments - one is that promotional survey from Copa and the other is Air Canada giving me 5,000 ConnectMiles for a flight delay compensation

I have flown CM, UA, LH, LX, AC, SN, AV on both PE and Eco fares this year, for a total of 45 segments. Every single one of them gave me 1 segment similar to that shown in the screenshot

What segments did you fly on that gave you 0?