Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

UA Award travel on CM: How do I get a CM Res Code with a UA Confirmation Code?

Old Dec 26, 2017, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA(xPLT now GLD), UA, DL, HH(GLD), MR(GLD), HY(DIS), and others...

I am flying ORD-PTY-MED and then CTG-PTY-MCO-ORD on a United Business Class saver award.

I have the UA Confirmation Code, but I don't have a CM code, and I would like to check the reservation and book seats on the 4 CM flights...

Is there a way to do this electronically?

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Here is the page where you can see the multiple airline confirmation numbers.
Well, I kept working on this and found the answer.... I hope this may help the next one with the same issue:

It is pretty easy....

See the screen shot that I have attached....

On the United website, go to your "View Current Reservation" page for the current reservation...
Look on the page where is says:

"United Confirmation Number XXXXXX

This reservation contains partner flights. View additional confirmation numbers.

If you click on "View additional confirmation numbers:, it will popup a window which says:

Additional confirmation numbers

These confirmation numbers have been provided for your convenience. You can use them when contacting other airlines for seat assignments or reservation assistance for this trip.

Copa Airlines Confirmation Number: xxxxxx
Avianca Confirmation Number: xxxxxx

-------------------------------------------------------------
I was then able to contact both Copa and Avianca for seat assignments using the confirmation codes for their systems...

Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: UA
It's easy to select seats with the CM confirmation code and last name on copaair.com, assuming that the system is working (which it often isn't).
Old Dec 27, 2017, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Yadi,

I tried doing it online and wasn't able to so I called the contact center and had an agent do it. Seats are booked.

Eric

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.