Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Assignment PTY-LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Seat Assignment PTY-LAX

I'm flying PTY-LAX in April with my family in coach on a UA award. I am Star Gold (UA 1k). Can I get seats assigned now? The website doesn't provide the option when I pull up the reservations and 2 agents said its at check-in time only. Ideally I'd like to snag Row 5 for us (kids are too young for exit row). Its my first time on CM and that too in Y.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: UA
In general, yes, one can get the CM booking code from UA, call up the reservation on copaair.com and select seats. Even on UA awards; I've done it maybe 10 times since ConnectMiles started. But I just checked for a UA award on CM that I made earlier this week, and the Seat Selection feature is deactivated. The copaair.com website has been snafu for several weeks now, and the seat selection feature is deactivated even for my upcoming flight purchased directly through the website.

What the agents told you over the phone is complete baloney, unless they've recently changed something. A Copa agent spouting baloney is not unusual. That being said, perhaps now the ability to select "premium" seats in the first few rows or exit rows is not available until check-in.
GrandTower likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.