Global Upgrade Certificate Problem

Old Nov 16, 17, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Copa ConnectMiles Presidental Platinum, Aviana LifeMiles Diamond, United Silver, Marriott Ambassador
Global Upgrade Certificate Problem

I am trying to apply global upgrade certificates to a couple of United segments. The United flights are booked into W class and R space is showing available. I have even called United and verified that Star Alliance upgrade space is available on the flights. However, Copa says that when they submit the request to United, United is denying the upgrade. Any suggestions?
Old Nov 29, 17, 5:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Copa Connect Miles Presidential Platinum, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Same here

I have exactly the same problem. Flights on UA booked on W and R6 showing. COPA keeps saying that there is no space available.
I guess that after all they don't want us to use our GPUs.
Old Nov 29, 17, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Copa ConnectMiles Presidental Platinum, Aviana LifeMiles Diamond, United Silver, Marriott Ambassador
They put in a case for me. We will see what happens... If they donít want to allow us to use these on United, thatís fine. But it really irritates me that I spend my time searching for R space, and then buy a ticket in W class that I would otherwise not buy. The ticket I bought cost $1100 in W class, it was about $400 if I just bought the cheapest ticket and about $2000 in business class. Makes no sense to buy the W class if I canít use the upgrade certs.

Search this Thread