expectations of business class BOS-PTY

Old Nov 14, 17, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2006-present = NOTHING! (and happy to be at home) (2000-2005 = UA 1K (ALL domestic), Hyatt Diamond)
expectations of business class BOS-PTY

Hi all -

I've booked a last-minute journey to Cali for next week. How have recent trips on Copa in business (from BOS, or other US ports) been for all of you? I don't expect glamour, but also don't want to be treated like cattle ...

Thanks in advance -

- ian_btv
Old Nov 14, 17, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY GLD, CM PP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Flights are okay from US destinations. Copa pretty much fly's 737's exclusively from US and if they are relatively newer planes they a are not too bad. Wouldn't recommend from West Coast cities (ie SFO, LAS) as Business Class seats do not fully recline. Food is meh and inflight service is hit or miss, but tolerable. Copa Club in PTY is always overcrowded. Given this route with a stop in PTY, it is still the most efficient way to Cali. Good luck and report back.
Old Nov 15, 17, 11:35 pm

I just did GRU-PTY-JFK with Copa this weekend and I think I can give you some info.

PTY-JFK was less than 6 hours, so you only get one meal (pretty average). You do get PDB. Not amenity kit and no water bottle. IFE has not much to offer but for a short fligh it is ok. You will get a small blanket and small pillow like in any transpacific/transatlantic economy service.
I would avoid row 1 since the legroom space is scarce.

The Copa lounge is not good at all. The airport is not very pleasant either.
Old Nov 17, 17, 4:10 am

Programs: UA Gold, CM nada
The only thing to hope for is to get one of the 738s with the 50-inch pitch for the recliner seats in clase ejecutivo for the BOS flights. The flight to Cali might even be on a E190. I can't figure out which flights get the amenity kits or not.

One good thing about the airport is there is no immigration for your connection, but beware that on the return to BOS, you'll have to go through a secondary security screen at the gate.
Old Nov 27, 17, 10:00 am

Programs: Global Entry
Not the nicest business class but definitely an upgrade from coach. May be worth bidding the min on

Search this Thread