PTY Terminal 2: Oct 2018

Old Sep 18, 22, 9:15 pm

is it true that it's not walkable from T1 to T2 or vice versa when on airside?

what kind of hub is this to make it this way...

Edit: Question should be about landside, not airside.

Last edited by gnomey; Sep 18, 22 at 10:24 pm
Old Sep 18, 22, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, CM nada
Originally Posted by gnomey View Post
is it true that it's not walkable from T1 to T2 or vice versa when on airside?

what kind of hub is this to make it this way...
No, not true. Totally walkable. In fact, the distance between terminals is actually shorter than other airports.
Old Sep 18, 22, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by YadiMolina View Post
No, not true. Totally walkable. In fact, the distance between terminals is actually shorter than other airports.
i just realized i wrote my question incorrectly the first time

i know the walk on airside is 170 m

but how far is the walk on landside? (distance and apprx duration)

or is there any bus if long walk
Old Sep 19, 22, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, CM nada
but how far is the walk on landside? (distance and apprx duration)
Eyeballing google earth shows it to be about half a klick, in oppressive heat and humidity, dodging taxis and imprudent drivers, and if you're lucky, a torrential downpour. The design does not appear to consider any allowance for landside pedestrian traffic between terminals.
Old Sep 19, 22, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by YadiMolina View Post
Eyeballing google earth shows it to be about half a klick, in oppressive heat and humidity, dodging taxis and imprudent drivers, and if you're lucky, a torrential downpour. The design does not appear to consider any allowance for landside pedestrian traffic between terminals.
yeah that's what I thought too. impossible

on copa website, it says that everyone arriving to PTY on copa plane will exit to T2. everybody checking in for copa flight at PTY should also check in at T2
https://www.copaair.com/en/web/gs/ne...ocumen-airport

I just cant figure out whether AA to Miami departs from T2 as well. which is my next flight on separate ticket after copa (and I would like to check in bag on the copa flight)
Old Sep 21, 22, 7:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Silver
yeah that's what I thought too. impossible

on copa website, it says that everyone arriving to PTY on copa plane will exit to T2. everybody checking in for copa flight at PTY should also check in at T2
https://www.copaair.com/en/web/gs/ne...ocumen-airport

I just cant figure out whether AA to Miami departs from T2 as well. which is my next flight on separate ticket after copa (and I would like to check in bag on the copa flight)
If you have two separate tickets with Copa and AA, when check in your bag in your first leg will not get complete route so when you arrive with copa need go to T2 to pick up your luggage go out to inmigrations and customs. Outside of T2 take a free shuttle service to T1 and check in your luggage in T1 with AA.

They is not a new issue with T2, this happen in all big airport when you have two separte tickets and need check in your luggage.
Old Sep 21, 22, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by sermasri View Post
If you have two separate tickets with Copa and AA, when check in your bag in your first leg will not get complete route so when you arrive with copa need go to T2 to pick up your luggage go out to inmigrations and customs. Outside of T2 take a free shuttle service to T1 and check in your luggage in T1 with AA.

They is not a new issue with T2, this happen in all big airport when you have two separte tickets and need check in your luggage.
ok. so there is a free shuttle. that's the info I am looking for

I know it is not check through and will never be unless miracle happens
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Silver
ok. so there is a free shuttle. that's the info I am looking for

I know it is not check through and will never be unless miracle happens
You can pick up the shuttle in this area mark in red color. You need move outside the terminal to this area and will see the bus stop.

Old Sep 22, 22, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by sermasri View Post
You can pick up the shuttle in this area mark in red color. You need move outside the terminal to this area and will see the bus stop.

thank you. very helpful! i assume it is obvious that the bus has a sign saying heading to Terminal 1?

Search this Thread