Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PTY Terminal 2: Oct 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 1:57 pm

Hopefully a priority pass restaurant.

A copa lounge would depend on how many Copa flights are located there. But even one copa flight there should warrant a lounge if there are other star alliance carriers using the terminal.

Hard to see One World (Miami, Madrid) or sky team (Atlanta, Paris, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Madrid) putting a lounge in. Unless new routes are to be announced.

Best division seems to be all Star Alliance in one and the others in the smaller (new) one. Then I could see the need for another copa club. Because of distance and space in the existing one.

But we will have to wait and see.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Best division seems to be all Star Alliance in one and the others in the smaller (new) one. Then I could see the need for another copa club. Because of distance and space in the existing one.
The new terminal is smaller than the existing one? I've been by there a dozen times or more and the new one seems massive.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Terminal 2 adds 20 gates. Terminal 1, per my counting eye on google earth, has 34. I think they officially call it 40+ gates in T1, including bus stands.
Old May 21, 2019, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Thanks. Has anyone seen the square footage of old and new?
Old May 22, 2019, 4:36 pm

We should remember all the non star alliance codeshares as well. Also the size of planes airlines use.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Mar 2020 + 3rd Runway

Says T2 completion in 1st quarter 2020. Possibly approaching reality from what I see. Also talks about investing another half billion, in a new runway and more terminal space, mentioning that the new T2 will already be at capacity by 2025.

https://impresa.prensa.com/panorama/...428707128.html
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Maybe they can spend a few bucks to pave the roller coaster like taxiways where you think you're taking off 50 times in 1000 metres.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
I have been told by someone working on the project that T2 Copa Lounge is expected to be completed sometime between April and June. I was told 2020 when I asked "2024?"
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:57 pm

Note that the gate renumbering in T1 has resulted in the airport map on Copa's web site being as useless as a dead mackerel so when you do fly, tear out (or take the entire magazine for purists), the map from the magazine which is correct.

I have never seen a company be able to order printed material faster than changing a website (e.g. they have the graphics for the magazine so put them on Copaair.com), but they've pulled it off. I did not do a review but I don't think the changes are not as simple as putting a "1" before the old gate number because there are gate numbers (with a "1") that did not exist before. I arrived at 140 today and left out of 107.

Other than the hole in the wall, Copa Club lack of signage still makes it difficult to find the Club, however there are many new bright signs that make finding gates and groups of gates much better. Also more monitors that show departures and gates and they actually change from A-Z destinations. Slowwwwwwwly though. But better than the ones that did A-D, D-H then S-Z.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Getting closer!

They are now reporting 99% complete, and project a Feb 29 opening. However, that same article and the following one present some conflicts.

This article reports on 3,000 defect check-list items to resolve, and talks about opening a couple more gates in April, then additional phases until the terminal is completely open. So... who knows?!
Old Jan 24, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Note that the gate renumbering in T1 has resulted in the airport map on Copa's web site being as useless as a dead mackerel so when you do fly, tear out (or take the entire magazine for purists), the map from the magazine which is correct.

I have never seen a company be able to order printed material faster than changing a website (e.g. they have the graphics for the magazine so put them on Copaair.com), but they've pulled it off. I did not do a review but I don't think the changes are not as simple as putting a "1" before the old gate number because there are gate numbers (with a "1") that did not exist before. I arrived at 140 today and left out of 107.

Other than the hole in the wall, Copa Club lack of signage still makes it difficult to find the Club, however there are many new bright signs that make finding gates and groups of gates much better. Also more monitors that show departures and gates and they actually change from A-Z destinations. Slowwwwwwwly though. But better than the ones that did A-D, D-H then S-Z.
Considering the crowd on peak hours, Id go as far as saying that I hope they dont fix the Copa Club signage!
supervillian likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Milkman
Considering the crowd on peak hours, Id go as far as saying that I hope they dont fix the Copa Club signage!
No, it is still cloaked in mystery. There are much better departure signs and with the renumbering of the gates, more and more useful signs for what hallway to take to your gate (still, rip out and keep the map).

The club is awful. Yesterday they were turning down PP and two other non Copa Business Class types of entry (which is not awful). Two lines. On the left, CM and *A Business Class, on the right, others. The guy at the end of the other line had the worst job in the club of denying 100% of those on the right, any entry to the lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
No, it is still cloaked in mystery. There are much better departure signs and with the renumbering of the gates, more and more useful signs for what hallway to take to your gate (still, rip out and keep the map).

The club is awful. Yesterday they were turning down PP and two other non Copa Business Class types of entry (which is not awful). Two lines. On the left, CM and *A Business Class, on the right, others. The guy at the end of the other line had the worst job in the club of denying 100% of those on the right, any entry to the lounge.
How terrible that they will be missing out on saran-wrapped apples and packaged cheese.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

I also recently discovered that the Terminal 2 project was awarded the "best airport project of 2019" by the Engineering-News Record, for whatever it's worth. It would have been nicer if it had been the 2017 recipient.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:39 am

any news on either opening date or T2 lounge? Of course, COVID...but just curious

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.